annoying rattle from the back

M22_PRE

A4 autovogue style
Reaction score
i have just had all my sound system fitted including components in the front it sounds really good but i have now got a rattle from the back. seems to be on the parcel shelf behind the rear seat headrest where there is some kind of a grill has anyone else got the problem or whats the best way to stop it?? someone i know mentioned expanding foam. i have also dynamatted the rest of the boot and door cards which made one hell of a difference:rockwoot:

I matted mine too but still get the annoying rattles. Mine seems to be the back panel behind the bumper but can I hell get rid of it.
Thats what we get for having big Bass!!
Ive used the foam before on my Scooby's Spoiler, did the trick but got very messy, You dont realise how much that stuff expands!

I asked my ICE installer and he says he'll do the Job for me, Shouldnt cost a great amount and after I heard the VXR they installed Ill be letting them do the business. All doors shut and hardly any Rattles at all.Increases the sound quality loads.

yeh mite end up gettin mine done by a pro i think but gonna have a go myself first, my m8 ordered 20 sheets of SKINZ for £115 so il be nicking a few off him!!!!

Yeah have a blast yourself, least then you've done most of the work for the pro!
How big are the sheets???

Expensive stuff aint it.Especially for how much it only covers!!

B&Q sell it for sealing shed rooves etc. cheap and cheerful

DSCF0012.jpg

hmmm, think ill give that a go, Nothing to lose eh, How much is it roughly????

cant remember mate £15 for a 10m roll (about a foot thick) from memory.

Aquaseal or Marley was the brand its down where the roofing stuff is.

pablo said:
cant remember mate £15 for a 10m roll (about a foot thick) from memory.

Aquaseal or Marley was the brand its down where the roofing stuff is.

Nice one, Cheers for that.

Did it do the trick?????

havent been into audio in a long time but my thoughts at the time were that dynamat does two things:

1. adds weight to the panel to stop buzzing etc
2. actually absorb part of the soundwave to reduce the impact on the panel

now the cheap gunk will only do 1. but given the cost savings that was enough for me. you can stick a couple of layers on any biggish panels.