EM TuningVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 Complete Engine damage- Bck on tha Rd

Hi All,

Some of you will recall, i had complete damage to my engine last week and very depressed about it..Well, thanks to my mechanic, i am back on the road with a second hand engine...Car drives great but I have a burning question. A4 1.8T Petrol, the care drives great but sounds a bit like a disesel at times. Not major..bu sometimes when its stationary..it sounds a bit like a diesel..Is there anything i should know? Oh, i only bought this car two weeks ago and engine went on my way back to london from birmingham! Hence my excitement.

Any advice on what i need to change or look out for? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve N

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi you need to get the sump off ASAP and get the oil pick up pipe checked to see if its blocked if it the general advice is is to replace the oil pump and pick up pipe replace oil and filter with fresh do about 1000miles drain oil and replace again with new and get rid of the audi long life sh1te mate do it as soon as you can have a search round the fourum it will show up some grim tales oh and what was your engine code

Administrator

Status
    Hey Steve!

Glad to read you're mobile again fella!

As above, it's probably worth getting the oil pick-up checked for safety's sake (the only gutting thing here is that it would've been a bit easier before the engine went in); however it *may* turn out to be nothing - there's been a few times when I've done a double-take because a 1.8T has sounded like a diesel (particularly on start-up). I would definitely get it checked for peace of mind though...

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Glad to hear you mobile, Was it expensive?

I tend to concour the oil system can sludge up and the pick up partially blocks starving the engine of oil, i am sure you dont need that. Sometimes a good flush can clear it, and a refill with good oil, othertimes its sump off etc etc.

Problem is its a 15 min job to check the pick up with the engine out, and its more like 4 hrs in place