My New Wheels - Better Pics

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Gave it a good wash today, pumped the tyres up a bit more, and took these in the winter sunshine:

They are a bit of a ****** to clean, and the brushed aluminium finish shows even the slightest water mark, so I have to be make sure they are dried properly, and them buffed up with a soft dry cloth.

Worth it, though, when they look like this.

Jeff get it lowered mate, the wheels will look even better, and when you have the lowers painted :rockwoot:

Looks Good Jeff, Amazing what a Good clean can do.
My bro inlaw has just bought some of these for his Silver Golf, Look the Nuts.

Did they tell you about the WD40 trick?
Wheelmania told him to wet the cloth with WD, rub it over the alloy to protect it a 'little' from the winter salt and crap.
Also as much ******** as it sounds, Ive heard vaseline smeared over them protects them just a little bit aswell..:think:

MtyhS!!!!!!!??????
BuLLsHitE!!!??????

ah well, just thought id share that with all!!

Just polish and wax them as you would the rest of the car, stops dirt sticking to the surface and makes it easy to remove with a regular wash bringing them up clean everytime

A good sealant is what you want, but the surface needs to be spot on for this to last a long time. I can get a good 6 months out of my favourite sealant

I used poorboys wheel sealant, dont know why i bothered because the slight sign off rain the car stays in the garage!

A4 TC said:
I used poorboys wheel sealant, dont know why i bothered because the slight sign off rain the car stays in the garage!

Well, I don't have a garage, so I am going to need something to keep the polished alu finish looking good.