AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status

Plugin tuning box for TDi130 Anyone tried??

First of all guys i know your all gonna tell me get a proper remap, but im talking BHP v's Ł here, these +30bhp tuning box's are only Ł20 now, are they worth it? Do they damage owt? And has anyone given one a lash? I'd be interested to hear from ya'll.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    There are different types of tuning box,some are complete ****e and some not too bad.
    My mate has one on his tdi sharan,dont know what make but i will find out later and its made a huge difference.
    It has a little screw you turn to alter it,turn it too far and it smokes like fook.
    Once set it is great.
    Still not as good as a remap but you can sell this on afterwards and put it back to standard in a minute.

1st Gear

Status
    I had a digital tuning box from DTUK on m vectra cdti 150bhp, instantly gave me 190-195bhp.

the car was absolutely transformed for the better, smoother running, huge torque and extremely quick foir a big car.

A lot of guys I know with vectra diesels use them and they'd never go back to standard.

I don't know anyone who runs the cheap 20 quid jobs, all the guys I know with them have the CRD2 from dtuk fitted which is digital and has four separate power maps to choose from manually.

Most people won't use the cheap ones as they are basically a small resistor in a nice box and are very crude, they also cause huge amounts of black smoke under hard acceleration due to overfueling
    B7 A4 2.0T S Line special edition Quattro Avant.
    Bose soundsAngel remap.
    Alu mirrors, blue vision sidelights

4th Gear

Status
    If your talking about the cheap ones on ebay, I tried one in my last 2 A4's (130 bhp TDi's) and they both shaked on tickover. I tried two different tuning boxes both did the same. Sold it to a mate who ran it in a golf without any probs.. I have a PSI tuning box in my TDi at the minute and its fine.. The small cheap boxes are only a resistor put into the fuel temp sensor... you can buy the resistors from maplin for a few pence...

see here for more info http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/evry_mod.htm

I think the ebay boxes use 150 ohm resistors, you could try a diff resistance and see if it still shakes... or maybe it was just my 2 A4's !!!

Some resistor info...

if you're gonna substitute a fixed resistance for the fuel temp sensor, then use the following substitute resistance:
    150 Ohm - Max
    220 Ohm - Mid
    300 Ohm - Low
    I think the sensor values work something like; 5K = -10C => 500Ohm = 60C or similar.

Hope that is of some use...

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & Ł30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

Status
    Cheers for the input guys, i already had it mapped by Angel but the map just gave me a ****e load of smoke, so got it removed, i spoke to the guy down the road who is an official REVO dealer and he said his map wont cause too much extra smoke as more parameters are adjusted rather than just banging a rook more juice in. Think im gonna give that a go you know.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Neutral

Status
    You pay for what you get in the world.....

Tesco jeans Ł3.00!! would u ?

4th Gear

Status
    I have a tuning box on mine and works fine.

Status
    What tuning box are you running and what variant a4 have you got nik nak? Revo mike, how much you gonna REVO me for?

4th Gear

Status
    I got a Dragon tuning box, picked it up off flee bay for £50 thought i'd run it while I saved for a proper remap, never the less never got round to the remap...