Factory Fitted Xenon Performance

JohnboyC

Reaction score
I am curious to know what you A4 folks with "Factory Fitted" (Not from HID upgraders) Xenons think of the dipped headlight performance...?

If the roads are unlit (like the M58 from Chester to the M6) travelling at 70 -to 80 mph is bordring on dangerous ....I think the dipped Xenon light performace on my A4 2.5 TDi Q Sport Avant is woeful....is there anything I can do to improve performance/range..can I get them adjusted by Main Dealer ? When they are switched on they go thru some sort of auto leveling ...
My old E36 BMW 328 Sport "standard" dipped lights were miles better than the Xenons on my A4.

Main beam performance is OK...but I think once one of the main beam bulbs goes I will replace Main beam with bulbs of higher wattage....again any suggestions ?

I think my Xenons are fantastic.

On unlit roads and motorways the beam is just so clearly defined and powerful. Have you checked the alignment?

Don't fit higher wattage bulbs, you'll just melt the reflectors and wiring. Use some of the 40,50,80+% bulbs. I've got Philips X-treme 80%+ fitted and they're great.

Here's what Auto Express have said:

"Philips' latest bulb was so new, we could not randomly select test samples, so couldn't include it in our assessment. Yet the performance of the pre-production unit was staggering. Even compared with the current benchmark plus 50 per cent bulbs, the difference was immediate and dramatic. Philips claims an 80 per cent improvement over standard units, but we think that is conservative."

PS, do you eat enough carrots?

BUB :p

I hate ****** carrots...but quite partial to the occasional raw one :)

Will get my local audo dealer to check the headlight alignment.....mind u it only pst the MOT last Nov...

I find on nearly all OEM VAG xenon's, that the light is aimed way too low. Try aiming them up a little using the white screws on top of the headlights.