HELP...HID kit fitted but....

colemanlee76

Suspicious
Reaction score
Help! Anyone...attempted to Fit my HID kit this morning that I got from www.hids-direct.com and I could only fit to the O/S as the rear most Torx head bolt on the N/S has been rounded out by some F wit.

Why did I not stop I hear you say? Because I started the O/S first as this was what I thought would be the hardest side to do!!

Has anyone here got any good suggestions on how the blooming hell Im gonna remove that last bolt?

This has totally done my head in coz ive been waiting all week to fit the kit, now this and its a lovely day and was gonna treat it to a good clean

Cheers Guys

Sorry to hear that - what a bummer. Im sure there must be a way of prizing the screw out, you might have to try and cut it out - good luck

I would have thought your best bet would be some pliers and try and turn it, it shouldn't be on too tightly, but it's a bitch of a position unfortunately :(

I've had similar problems in the past and if you can't get anything to remove it then you might like to try my solution.

I used epoxy resin to glue a small nut on to the head of the problem screw/bolt. Leave it overnight to harden and then use a spanner on the nut to remove.

Worked for me once so maybe it will work for you.

Hopw you get it sorted.

I'd normally go for drilling out a screw/bolt thats knackered like that but its probably a little tight to get a drill in there. If you've got a Dremmel or similar tool then you could get in there & cut the head off and remove the remaining thread with pliers once the headlight is out. Otherwise i'd say you best bet it the pliers/mole grips route, if you try getting heavy with hammering something into the knackered bolt your gonna break something or knacker your alignment! Good luck!

Cheers Guy. Gonna go and have another go as soon as the missus gets back as the currant bun is out again!

Go to your DIY store and buy the Longest Drill piece and drill the Mo-Fo out!!

Show it who's Boss.:icon_thumright:

Cheers guys, unfortunately all I did sunday was stare very hard at it firing a few f words at it!! Can't do anything till weekend again now as I don't really get to see the car during the day so at the moment ive got N/S on halogen bulbs and O/S on the HID system :lmfao:

Have you sorted it ? I had one like this - I tried bashing it with a flat-bladed screwdriver so that it wedged in the head, and then turning it, but to no avail. In the end I used the 'driver to break the plastic bit on the headlight that was secured by the bolt; it was still held in place with the other 3 bolts so doesn't shake of flicker.

have you tried various sizes of alen keys instead of the torx bits, you may be able to get one to bite just enough to crack it loose.
worth a try!!!!!
good luck.

Just a quickie thanking everyone for their bits of advice. Finally got the Mo Fo out and fitted the kit :faint: . Not without fault tho poxy cracked the plastic cover when sawing out the hole :wtf: Audi now want to rob me of 9.80 + Gordons Share for a replacement :asskicking:

Gotta say its well worth the hassle, looks the nuts

i wouldnt worry bout the plastic cover mate, i dont have any on mine

colemanlee76 said:
Just a quickie thanking everyone for their bits of advice. Finally got the Mo Fo out and fitted the kit :faint: . Not without fault tho poxy cracked the plastic cover when sawing out the hole :wtf: Audi now want to rob me of 9.80 + Gordons Share for a replacement :asskicking:

Gotta say its well worth the hassle, looks the nuts

What plastic bit did you break? I have a spare rear light cover if you want it..

thanks technics, I broke the N/S one. PM me if you have this side and we'll sort something out :icon_thumright: