re-map... the results...

J45SON

Reaction score
well i got the car back late last night after getting the clutch replaced, oil pump and sludge pipe, new rear discs and pads and the remap.

as the clutch is new i need to give it a wee while to bed in, along with the brakes. i saw the sludge pipe and it was starting to choke up, but andy from aforaudi said that so long as the correct oil is used, the long life intervals are fine. needless to say, the engine was fully flushed out with forte fluid, sump off and everything was cleaned thouroughly.

so my test drive last night was good, i noticed the acceleration has well improved but only managed to get it to 3rd gear as i was in an industrial estate. i filled the car up on the way home - tesco robbed me of £60 for the pleasure and if it wasn't for the flooding i would probably have pushed it harder on the way home. 4th & 5th gear are amazing now, the pull is just breath taking. i'll get a better shot of it today as the weather isn't as bad.

so, many thanks to andy at aforaudi for the work he has done for the past 2 days. celtic tuning for the remap and tesco for robbing some of my kids inheritance.

Glad you've got the smile factor on then! So whats the bhp output post remap then?

the ****** car broke down this afternoon - ended up calling out the RAC who confirmed that there was no coolant. now would that have been changed considering all the work that had been done over the past 2 days? the car got towed back to my house and it'll be towed again tomorrow to stirling audi. there is no sign of a leakage, or any excess coolant anywhere so i wonder if the garage that did my clutch etc has emptied the coolant and forgot to top it up again.

i'm getting a 1.6 auto on loan from the RAC tomorrow - got it for 3 days.

not too impressed with audi just now - £1500 spent yesterday amongst other parts etc and only had the car about 7 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

wish i had bought the 530 d beemer