shockers.

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hear so many different answers.......what is the difference between shock absorbers from a base model : AUDI A4 TDI 130BHP (2002) and A4 TDI 130 BHP S-LINE 2004 ??????

Some say no difference and some say shorter pistons or others say gas or oil filled.......which is it ?

Finally will shockers of an avant fit the saloon ?

Standard shocks are no good if you are lowering,S-line or sport shocks will be ok but not as good as a matching kit.
If you want just looks lowering on springs is ok but if you want good handleing get a matching kit.

i know that,that does'nt answer my question now does it!

and what do you think im doing! doh!
no need get al wound up!:moa:

Just looked at your older threads and noticed why you asked these questions.
I would not put the avant rear shocks on your saloon,although they might bolt up the same they will be different.
When i was looking at suspension for my saloon every tuning shop i phoned said the avant ones are different,a bit crap as i found a cheap avant kit.
The ride height will be a little lower at the front,nothing unusual there.

nice one mate! the person who put my lowering springs in said avant shocks will be same,its only the rear springs that are different,anyway.......ive just took both rear wheels off the car and found that both the springs are not sitting properly,the end of the spring should sit on the end of the rubber stop,but its about 3-4 inches away,which i think will make a difference to the ride height aswell.

Im going to see if the guy is going put them rite in a day or 2 and after that he will be named and shamed!