First mod of the year complete

Neil_S

Reaction score
The derv now has cruise control!

I'm very pleased, it was a bit of a chore getting all the trim back in place in the end but well worth it.

Cruise control is very useful.

If anybody wants any help, let me know.

Good man, was expecting you to say you got the brakes on. How much did it set you back in total if u dont mind me asking and was it a tough job?

It was a fiddly job, a few gotchas which I can outline if anybody wants to know how to do it.

I needed a new steering module which was £106, the switch itself £24 and a new lower trim £23.

These from vagparts, expect to pay probably another £50 at a dealer.

Neil_S said:
I needed a new steering module which was £106, the switch itself £24 and a new lower trim £23.

These from vagparts, expect to pay probably another £50 at a dealer.

Sometimes but not always! My cruise switch and lower column trim were the same price from my local dealer.

Issac Hunt said:
Sometimes but not always! My cruise switch and lower column trim were the same price from my local dealer.

Thats not bad then, the steering control module was broadly £106 + VAT when I phoned them just before Christmas, just assumed the other bits would be slightly more.

Good work Neil, I've wanted to fit cruise for a while now. It's so cheap seems rude not to!

It was a £400 factory option 3 years ago!!! :mad:

I've got to say I've never found Vag Parts to be much, if any cheaper than my dealer. Ask for a bit of discount at your dealer they can only say no or how's 10%?

BUB :thumbsup:

bubstar said:
Ask for a bit of discount at your dealer they can only say no or how's 10%?

BUB :thumbsup:

Exactly what I did! Also reminded them I had bought 2 new cars from them in the last 12 months, he asked his supervisor and instantly knocked off 10%, Happy days:icon_thumright:

Cruise is good though isnt it? Cheaper than a tank of Diesel!

Thanks chaps, will think more about the dealer now I think!

Cruise is extremely useful and i've only had it five minutes, got a 230 mile drive tomorrow so will be putting it through it's paces straight away.

I coded it by following the instructions here...

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads...,25,26,27,3/Number/819123/page/0/fpart/2/vc/1

See the fifth post down by Shark_90

The top section tells you about "logging in", you will need to go to controller 03, the ABS and Brake controller and login with a code for your car, which you can work out from the link in the post, you will then need to recode the new module (assuming you put in a new module), also referring to that link.

Then follow the calibration instructions in the post and the rest of it.

I didn't need to follow the instructions for module 17 as this was instruction for enabling DIS which I already have.

If you don't put in a new steering control module, you can skip coding the module, just login and go straight to the calibration.