Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Thumbs up A4 Cabriolet smartTOP Remote roof top control

So I've finally connected the smartTOP module to my car. And it works exactly as described without and glitches. Basically I can control the roof up or down by the original Audi remote - as well as just controlling all the windows (or a combination of the two!).

In addition:
    I can operate the roof up to 25mph!!! (not 5mph) But have only dared to at 18mph so far.

I don't have to hold the buton to operate the roof - I can just press it once.

I can start the roof to close - then stop the engine, get out, and leave it to close and lock up while I walk away!

It was a about a week ago - there wasn't a cloud in the sky so I thought it would be a good time to have the roof down for a short time to install. Started at 2.30pm & by 3.30pm it started to spit with rain! Typical! Managed to finish off 15 mins later - just as I got the roof back up and closed it, poured down!

For anyone who may be interested in the mod:
    The instructions are quite thorough. The tricky part was getting the side panel off, (it would help to have someone help at this point to just hold the back seat away from the side panel while you remove it).

Locating the coloured wires and fitting to the connectors was quite clear (if you take your time).

Once connected - all went back together and can be custom set via the roof button and indicators.

Functions:

1 - Workshop/Diagnose mode. Makes the module invisible to diagnostic tools. | on\off
    2 - One-Touch operation for the center-console soft-top switch. on\off\deluxe
    3 - One-Touch roof remote operation. on\off\deluxe
    4 - Activate Hazards during remote roof operation. on\off (turned this off!)
    5 - "Chirp" feature. on\off (horn! ... turned this off!)

2. # ADS
    ADS

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Glad to see you fitted it ok !

I fitted the one touch module which was MUCH MUCH easier

However, I would NEVER EVER dare to operate the roof unless I was stationary - I don't fancy having to manually reset the roof OR have the roof break whilst moving ! It ain't going to be a cheap repair !!!!
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

1st Gear

Status
    yeh - your right - and that was the 1st time I tried it (just to test that part of the module) and to be honest, probably the last time it would be nesesary to use it... although may come in handy when in town with the roof down and it starts to rain!

Neutral

Status
    ANDYCCR

where did you get the 1 touch module from?

what was invloved to fit??

thanks in advance

Reverse Gear

Status
    I was wondering the same. I have found a link to this site

http://www.cabrio-module.de/

Can anyone confirm they have fitted this module with sucess please.
    S4 Cabriolet - 4.2 V8

Status
    Hi, that is indeed the module I fitted from the guy in Germany.
    HOWEVER - do not buy it direct from his website, he lists them on Ebay regularily and they go MUCH MUCH cheaper than he lists the RRP on them.

If I remember rightly I paid about 80Euros including delivery.

It takes approximately 10 minutes to fit under the roof switch itself. I put red crimp bullet and sockets on it just in case it ever goes wrong, so I can remove it if necessary.

I've had mine fitted since last summer with NO problems whatsoever.
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks andyccr, I can already feel the debit off my paypal account.
    S4 Cabriolet - 4.2 V8

1st Gear

Status
    Hi - I personaly think for the extra £100 its worth having the Remote function, the speed restriction lifted (20mph standard on B7) and the benefit of closing the roof whilst coming to a stop and exiting AS WELL AS the one touch function. All of which can be switched off within seconds as to not be diagnosed to invalidate a warranty.

Is it the time issue thats off putting? or really the money?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the one touch module I'm Just curious.

Status
    I just don't feel the need to open the roof without the car running from my remote control. Bear in mind we are talking an interface that costs £50, whereas the other one is £150 and for a lot of people I don't think remote opening is a really a concern for that difference in money.
    I also don't think the speed restriction is an issue too much either.

But thats just my opinion !

Regards,

Andy

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Andy, I'm surprised that, of all people, you think that the functions would be of no advantage. It was quite a nice advantage today when i'd parked the car and (once we'd sorted my baby girl in the buggy and ready to go to town), used the remote to put the roof up and lock up whilst walking away... ie I didn't have to wait for the roof to finish before I could lock it! (hope this doesn't sound like i'm having a go)

I'm a bit envious of your folding alumunium wing mirrors tho... And the new carbon trim looks good, does look good with the red leather, but probably would whatever colour! - that was a good find.

Status
    Well as I always let the turbo simmer down before turning the engine off and the roof only taking 20 seconds I just couldn't justify the extra expense - thats all !
    The money went towards the mirrors which were also a steal (brand new genuine mirrors, folding motors and heated elec / dimming glass) for 160 !

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just bought the remote function of ebay from Cabrio-module for 60 Euros! They say in the instructions to splice into the wires connected to the window module in the drivers door, I assume for the full closure off the key. Does anyone know whether this can be fitted like the one touch mentioned above ie under the roof switch? Not sure how many wires the one touch has and whether it works off the same format as the remote module.

Would be a lot easier and quicker to do rather than removing the door card.

Status
    No is the answer. The remote module must be connected to the CDL / comfort module in the door. The door panel comes off really easily. The worst bit is taking off the interior trim piece (wood / ally / carbon etc)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks, I thought as much but it was worth an ask. Will fit at the weekend weather permitting!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just fitted the remote module, fairly easy and didn't take too long. Car all back together and now have the ESP light on all the time!?!. Anyone know why this would happen. All the work was done with the battery disconnected.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Problem solved.

AUDI OWNER

Status
    where do i find this?

1st Gear

Status
    Hi NOLOGY - depends which you mean... are you interested in the 'Cabrio-module' which just allows you to press the roof button under the handbrake without holding on to it. or the 'SmartTop'?

AUDI OWNER

Status
    both to be honest