Volks AutosChris Nott

Thread: headlamp...done

Reverse Gear

Status

headlamp...done

hi guys, just wanted to say a huge thanks to all who have posted how to's on bulb changing. just changed my dipped ones in 15 mins. i have to say the most annoying part was locating the back torx, after that it was a breeze. im looking at changing the sidelights soon, had a quick look at them and cant see how to get at them, took the cover off but they seem to be behind a small black box inside themasssembly, can someone tell me how to get them out please.

cheers all.

neil
    audi a4 tdi sport 130, silver, 17 inch rs4s, saving up for s-line kit..anyone know of one going cheap, let me know!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

got my lamps changed too...

did the whole set - dips, beam and sides. Got the bulbs from powerbulbs for 25 and at my local independent they charged 25 to fit them while the car was in for new front discs and pads. Thought this was reasonable all things considered.

Makes a huge difference, especially the dipped beam which was truly attrocious previously - why do Audi fit such pathetic lamps?

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boltona
    did the whole set - dips, beam and sides. Got the bulbs from powerbulbs for 25 and at my local independent they charged 25 to fit them while the car was in for new front discs and pads. Thought this was reasonable all things considered.
    bloody hell mate, 25 on bulbs plus 25 to fit 'em, you are obviously considerably richer than thou!!!
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdineil
    im looking at changing the sidelights soon, had a quick look at them and cant see how to get at them, took the cover off but they seem to be behind a small black box inside themasssembly, can someone tell me how to get them out please.
    remove the black cover that is held in place by the spring clip and then just un-twist the sidelight bulb fitting and pull out. the bulb is a wedge type that just pulls out and pushes into the fitting. once done offer the bulb fitting back up to the hole and twist to lock into position
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's

1st Gear

Status
    I just paid my local Audi dealer 29 to fit a new headlamp bulb today, I was in a rush and wasn't sure how to do it myself

54 A4 Avant 1.9TDi SE 130 6sp, factory fitted RNS-E Sat Nav, Colour DIS, 6-disk changer, Bluetooth, rear parking sensors and ambient lighting.

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinger
    I just paid my local Audi dealer 29 to fit a new headlamp bulb today, I was in a rush and wasn't sure how to do it myself
    holy moly, i'm in the wrong job, 29 for a 10 minute job, thats 180 an hour!!!.....anybody else need new bulbs fitting!!!
    Last edited by 1210tech; 23rd February 2008 at 10:18. Reason: i can't add up...numpty!
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1210tech
    holy moly, i'm in the wrong job, 29 for a 10 minute job, thats 210 an hour!!!.....anybody else need new bulbs fitting!!!
    Well it actually took them 25 minutes and myself and the wife got a free coffee

54 A4 Avant 1.9TDi SE 130 6sp, factory fitted RNS-E Sat Nav, Colour DIS, 6-disk changer, Bluetooth, rear parking sensors and ambient lighting.