headlamp...done

tdineil

Reaction score
hi guys, just wanted to say a huge thanks to all who have posted how to's on bulb changing.:icon_thumright: just changed my dipped ones in 15 mins. i have to say the most annoying part was locating the back torx, after that it was a breeze. im looking at changing the sidelights soon, had a quick look at them and cant see how to get at them, took the cover off but they seem to be behind a small black box inside themasssembly, can someone tell me how to get them out please.

cheers all.

neil

did the whole set - dips, beam and sides. Got the bulbs from powerbulbs for £25 and at my local independent they charged £25 to fit them while the car was in for new front discs and pads. Thought this was reasonable all things considered.

Makes a huge difference, especially the dipped beam which was truly attrocious previously - why do Audi fit such pathetic lamps?

boltona said:
did the whole set - dips, beam and sides. Got the bulbs from powerbulbs for £25 and at my local independent they charged £25 to fit them while the car was in for new front discs and pads. Thought this was reasonable all things considered.

****** hell mate, £25 on bulbs plus £25 to fit 'em, you are obviously considerably richer than thou!!! :)

tdineil said:
im looking at changing the sidelights soon, had a quick look at them and cant see how to get at them, took the cover off but they seem to be behind a small black box inside themasssembly, can someone tell me how to get them out please.

remove the black cover that is held in place by the spring clip and then just un-twist the sidelight bulb fitting and pull out. the bulb is a wedge type that just pulls out and pushes into the fitting. once done offer the bulb fitting back up to the hole and twist to lock into position :icon_thumright:

I just paid my local Audi dealer £29 to fit a new headlamp bulb today, I was in a rush and wasn't sure how to do it myself :bye:

1210tech said:
holy moly, i'm in the wrong job, £29 for a 10 minute job, thats £210 an hour!!!.....anybody else need new bulbs fitting!!! :idea:

Well it actually took them 25 minutes and myself and the wife got a free coffee :)