Sat nav retro fit?

PhilPD

Reaction score
Hi

I've been looking at an A4 PD130 sport and have noticed that there seem to be variations in the central console. I would like to fit a sat nav unit (RNS-E I believe?) Is this possible in all models? Some seem to have the climate controls higher up than others - meaning there is not enough space for the sat-nav unit? Can they be moved down?

Also, I guess I need a plug and play adaptor and a GPS antenna - anything else?

Oh, and finally... is it the RNS-E that I need for a B6?

Thanks

Search is your friend!!

I take it you have single DIN radio? Concert?

You will need an RNS-E for a B6. The climate control panel can be modified to fit or you can puchase the correct version. Double DIN radio cage will also be required.

That's fantastic, many thanks :D

Does the climate pannel need coding or is it a plug and play job?

I'm reasonably competent with this sort of thing so I'm happy to have a go myself, I'm just not familar with this vehicle so want to make sure I get everything I need before I start pulling it apart!

Thanks again
Phil

Oh... I forgot to say, I have VAG-COM so if coding needs doing I should be able to...

Climate shouldnt need recoding, never say never though. However, make 100% sure you have the correct part number unit if your getting another one. As some units from B7's look the same as a B6's but the functionality wont be perfect. Some also will have heated seat controls built in etc.

If in doubt x-ref the numbers with Audi to make sure your getting the right bits. It quite easy to shave a couple of mm's from your old unit to make it fit, if your reasonably confident with a hand plane.

I'm thinking of doing this as well, do these sat nav units have radio built in to them? Also can you hook up a CD changer as well???

Also is there no way of modifying the existing climate control to fit lower down??

ickleric said:
I'm thinking of doing this as well, do these sat nav units have radio built in to them? Also can you hook up a CD changer as well???

Also is there no way of modifying the existing climate control to fit lower down??

Radio - Yes. CD Changer - Yes can be added.

Did you read my post above about modifying the climate control panel? It can be done using a hand plane or a dremmel if you have the skill/patience.

hi
i retro fitted my unit, the biggest pain was the double din unit but wasnt hard at all.
i also trimmed my climate down myself rather than get another, just take your time and do a little at a time untill perfect fit.
once all done the result is great and you wouldnt know that you did it yourself, very pleasing.
i too have used S8craig and hes a great guy with lots of experiance in this field and not too expensive.
but if you feel confident then give it a go, any problems/questions id be happy to help as would everyone on here.
good look ....