312mm Front Discs

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I've got 312mm discs on the front of my 2.5tdi, and am looking at upgrading the brakes. Does anybody know what the maximum disc size that will fit into the same calipers are? I don't want to fit new calipers, so I'm looking at new discs and pads only. Will 318mm discs fit into the standard 2.5tdi calipers?

You will need to measure the gap between the calipers and the outer edges of the disc to see if you can fit anything bigger.
I wouldnt bother for such a small increase,i would either stick with the 312's or go for some B5 or B6 S4.

I'd go for the B6 S4 brake upgrade. I've been looking at this and you are looking at about £400 for new calipers and carriers from vag parts.

That is for the 345mm disc btw

I've got a set of B7 A4 calipers and carriers that you could buy from me. You would have to get S4 carriers, rotors, and pads, or you could run the stock B7 A4 320x30mm rotors and pads. If you get this setup from ECS Tuning, you get cross-drilled, slotted, or stock rotors and the S4 carriers, for what amounts to about 240 quid if I have my currency conversion right. I'll sell you my caliper setup for 200 plus shipping, and after you get the ECS kit, all you'd need is B7 A4 front pads to have a complete setup. I just did this to my A4 with a set of S4 calipers and carriers, stock rotors, and Carbotech Bobcat pads. They don't seem to dust very bad at all, and the difference in stopping power is hugely noticeable. You would have to run 17"s at the minimum though, as my 17" BBS RCs have just a few millimeters clearance between the wheel weights and the calipers. Very nice setup though, and it fills the wheels up nicely.