Window Tints?

coyote

Reaction score
I want / need to tint my avant! I have tinted a van back window before which took me hours to do and the finish was perfect apart from where I had tried to cut the film along one of the edges. I have seen you can buy the film pre cut - has anyone got any experience of using this like how long does it take per window and what was the finish like?

Or should I just pay the professionals???

Thanks

I'd pay a professional to be honest, nothing looks more gash than badly fitted tint film!

coyote said:
I want / need to tint my avant! I have tinted a van back window before which took me hours to do and the finish was perfect apart from where I had tried to cut the film along one of the edges. I have seen you can buy the film pre cut - has anyone got any experience of using this like how long does it take per window and what was the finish like?

Or should I just pay the professionals???

Thanks

MHO = Why bother, go watch a film and relax!!

TT

RG

RGBArgee said:
MHO = Why bother, go watch a film and relax!!
Ignore boring rick he doesnt like any mods to a car.

Issac Hunt said:
I'd pay a professional to be honest, nothing looks more gash than badly fitted tint film!
Couldnt agree more.

Got my old B7 A4 done by Pentagon for £325, and it was worth every penny. IMHO I wouldn't touch tint film, it just looks like old cavaliers with silver tints with unwanted air bubbles. Pay the professionals...oh, and look for the tint film that holds glass in place in case of theft of accident, if I'd have known about it when I got my done, I'd have specced this as well.

james0808 said:

Couldnt agree more.

Taste is acquired... no need to be insulting!!

I like 'virgin' Audis what's wrong with that eh...:icon_thumright:

RGBArgee said:
Taste is acquired... no need to be insulting!!

I like 'virgin' Audis what's wrong with that eh...:icon_thumright:
He wasnt asking for opinions on whether or not he should get them,was he?
Nothing wrong with liking standard cars,just dont need to bang on about it all the time.

I tinted my old scooby and if you have the patience then you can get it spot on......in 6hrs!!!

So I agree, Get the pro's in. Mine only cost me £140 and he's the dogs,Where are you?anywhere near to leicester?

are you a doctor? you used your patients but it still took 6hours?

yes but you have cheated and corrected your spelling

james0808 said:
He wasnt asking for opinions on whether or not he should get them,was he?
Nothing wrong with liking standard cars,just dont need to bang on about it all the time.

I took the 'want/need' comment as = not sure, surely a blog is all about expressing opinions. Mine clearly do not match yours and I have no intention of being insulting!

TT Black -standard + OEM options - no tints (they were not an option!!)

R:hubbahubba:

james0808 said:

Couldnt agree more.

No need to be rude!! I have a valid opinion I believe shared by many>

TT:blownose:

Thanks for the comments people :respekt:

I was thinking that the pros would be my best option and you have all confirmed this. I dont have the patience for 6 hours or so.

£140 is good and I'm from Oxford which isn't far from Leicester but will try and get some quotes from local people. There is a few guys who work just down the road from me that are well into car modding so i'll go and have a look at there tints and find out where they were done.

I am going to get tints for security reasons mainly so will look into the tint that holds the window in place.

Now the only decision is how dark to go?

Im sure you'll find someone decent around your area,If not and you dont mind travelling then give me a shout.

I went 25% up front and 50% rear!

RGBArgee said:
No need to be rude!! I have a valid opinion I believe shared by many
What was rude?

You do have an opinion but i doubt its shared by many.

RGBArgee said:
I took the 'want/need' comment as = not sure, surely a blog is all about expressing opinions. Mine clearly do not match yours and I have no intention of being insulting!

Im glad,as you are by far the most boring person i have ever come across on any forum,same old boring **** on almost every post.:lazy: