Chris NottVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

New Wheels, Cupholder & coin tray,

hey guys
    gave the car a clean today, weather was good and i'm back to work tomorrow so decided to give it a good wash and fit my new cup holder and coin tray, also wired up the leds in the vents and the above bits too....check it!!!..nice

bit sadi to see the old wheels go...

f'ing knacked now...

2. # ADS
    ADS

cabriolet

Status
    nice , very nice...
    how do you do the leds ?????
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Neutral

Status
    I managed to kick my cupholder the other day as I trapped myself in the drivers side and climbed over. Managed to break it somehow.

Do you have a part number handy for the cupholder, and what sort of price are we talking for a replacement? I take it replacing it doesn't involve removing half the dash or anything?

Looking good though!

Thanks

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    good work terry but your old wheels were so much better.
    Why you get rid?
    ARe they a different rs4 rep, they look a little different to the usual ones for some reason...

1st Gear

Status
    last week the coin holder broke, then the cup holder got stuck, i think it was a xmas gift from the car,
    the leds on the vents, cup holder and coin holder, i ran off the esp led wire which i ran already got to when i fitted the navi plus, make sure if you guys are doing this you use the correct grade wire and use the felt tape from vag parts, trust me you done want to have a rattle you cant find,

cant remember the part numbers the parts where about 25quid each, not too bad considering, you have to remove the stereo partially or all the way to do the retro fit.

the wheel where a real kick in the teeth, basically i had 9" on the rear and 8" wide on the front and my eibach kit went faulty and eiback exchanged it to the new stainless system, with the dual coil, very nice of them, and with the car droped to the max which is about 55-60cm from standard the rubber caught the rear arch on full load, on other wise, the drop is well within eibachs specs but i like the stance of the car, a bit inpractical but hey, the wife has her A2. and fox wouldnt sell me 2 rims on there own. b!tc#s

might be selling it soon tho need something a bit more work friendly.

6th Gear

Status
    Think it looks much better on those wheels, don't think the black polished ones worked with the green.
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

1st Quattro Deffo not my last...

Status
    Terry im loving the leds mate and the wheels are looking as nice aswell,a break from the norm dark polished RS4's suit the car real good

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    terrysingh,ive done the vent lighting but couldnt find out how to do the cup holder/card holder any ideas,please let me know! i couldnt figure out how to get the led/wiring to cup/card holders

4th Gear

Status
    Loving the LED's put some pics up of the wiring, did you have to replace the cup holder etc etc

1st Gear

Status
    the old cup holder and coin tray never had built in led's, the new units did, they where removable tho, so i'm assuming you could buy the seperate, i had to solder up the wiring directly to the led's and splice in the units to the esp wireing and run a ground apart from that easy,

taking your time helps, coz the black finish scratches easy...

i'll try putting up some pics of the install

4th Gear

Status
    Where did you get them from Audi direct? any idea of the part numbers?

1st Gear

Status
    yeah got them from audi direct, no part number sorry, i think vagparts a a few quid cheaper tho?

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Terry exactly what suspension kit do you have on there? how much is it lowered and is it on standard dampers, are your wheels et35 and if so do they foul the arches at all? Oh yeh how much was it. lovin the stance of your car, i think mine deserves the same.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Neutral

Status
    That looks stunning mate!! Loving the wheels!! what other wheels where on the car??
    3.0 V6 Quattro Sport.

1st Gear

Status
    before

after

the spring kit is a eibach pro sport coil over with eibach stainless steel dampers, turned up about 8mm from minimum spec, the wheels are et35 too i had the others on the rear as you can see from the pic and the rubber caught the rear arch when and only when the car was fully loaded, i.e. family and shopping, but fine now i've reduced the rear width!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    I bet them old alloys look nice in Silver aswell.
    Im still torn between 3 different alloy. Your old ones remind me a bit like the Otteinger 5 Spoke, Which is why I like them so much,Look well Especially if I have new brakes..

In two minds

Status
    New wheels look much nicer IMO

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by terrysingh
    last week the coin holder broke, then the cup holder got stuck, i think it was a xmas gift from the car,
    the leds on the vents, cup holder and coin holder, i ran off the esp led wire which i ran already got to when i fitted the navi plus, make sure if you guys are doing this you use the correct grade wire and use the felt tape from vag parts, trust me you done want to have a rattle you cant find,

cant remember the part numbers the parts where about 25quid each, not too bad considering, you have to remove the stereo partially or all the way to do the retro fit.
    it would be really good if you do an in depth write up on wiring up the air vent led's from the esp feed, mine don't light up either, nor my drinks holder or coin tray, and i would love to do this mod

also, i have pulled one of the vents out and noticed that there is an electrical wire going from the back of the vent but the led in the thumb wheel doesn't light up. does this mean that i already have the correct parts fitted and just need to connect them up?
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

1st Gear

Status
    yeah the vents already had the led, run a 9v battery across the led it should light up, the polarity is only one way so if it dont work one way try it the other, but make sure you have this right when finally wireing it up.

i dont understand why andi put the hardware there but dont wire it up???

very strange they cant be bothered running the wires? makes all the difference?

1st Gear

Status
    i got some free time coming up i'll try putting a write up- up then!

4th Gear

Status
    Terry
    Any chance of those part numbers?