19" Wear and Tear

evo2audi

Reaction score
Anyone out there have problems after fitting 19"s. Recently fitted mine and now some friends have said I am asking for problems. Very sore on the car. ie suspension and drives. Do any of you have rubbing/arching problems also. I changed from a set of 18" that caused no problems although they wore the insides of the tyres. Is that an alignment or camber problem ?. I have a baby and all the crap I have to carry means some heavy loads. I hope arching won't be a problem. Please help . Thanks

Hi mate, yep, need a strong back to cushion those bumps on our oh so even roads. I've got 19's on mine. Even wear all round. If you are concerned and to preserve the longivity?..length..life even (!) of the rubber its worth forking out 20 or so quid to get a 4 wheel laser check done on them. That's also a good reason if you want a nosy around the underside too whilst its being done for additional assurance on your car. (Thats if you dont normally go underneath it to do your own checks/servicing?)

Do you really think the 19's make that much difference to ride quality? And do you get any rubbing using the standard sport suspension? I unfortunately do spend time under my car. I am to cheap to pay someone to do what a trained monkey can do

No rubbing at all. Dont know about sitting on 18's though as car has never had them since i've owned it. As for all their faults on wear, comfort and costs I'd still much rather have them then 18's but personal preference and all that.

Can get some half decent Falken FK 451's too for around £93 quid a corner Give me a shout if you want the supplier.

Provided you went for the correct offset and tyre size they shouldn't be any bigger than the 18"s you had on so you shouldn't have any issues.