Tarnished Avant Roof Rails - What do you recommend?

Buck

Reaction score
Hi all

Newbie to the forum - lots of great information - particularly like the detailing section - wow! :respekt:

One gripe I have with my A4 Avant is that the aluminium roof rails are quite tarnished/tired looking.

When I took it to my main dealer a while back they said to use polish on them to remove the 'tarnish' - tried this but it didn't have any noticable effect.

Any recommendations on a product to clean these up properly?

Thanks in advance

CM

i use a product called autosol mainly for exhaust tips and stuff on my bike and its great but the usual stocked autosol has a cutting agent in it,but you can get a autosol smooth which would be fine for your use.
hope this helps.
lea

Try Some T-cut mate, You'll be surprised what that stuff can do.
I use T-cut on my Exhaust tips and the few bits of chrome I have and keeps them looking good.

Thanks Guys - I have some T-cut so will start with that and see how I get on

Cheers

CM

I can say that autosol is good for metal work, i use it on the bike to bring the shine up.

just be careful not to get it on the paintwork though.

autosol is about £5 from halfords, motorworld etc, and comes in a small tube as paste, use a rough cloth (maybe old sheet) and use like liquid brasso..

id also put this in the detailing section mate, there a couple pro detailers who will know exactly what ull need if these other suggestions dont work