Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    4th Gear

Status
    Hmmm Interesting glad I didn't order those last night then, but you would highly recommend them?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak
    Hmmm Interesting glad I didn't order those last night then, but you would highly recommend them?
    Absolutely!
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Well now I cant wait to fit mine, Reckon ill have a blast tomorrow!!
    Damn I should have done them by now, Im getting tooooo lazy, Look how long it took me to spray my Fog covers black again...4months!!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Have emailed today and sure enough, I can return the bulb failure capacitors for a refund. What a great guy to deal with!

If you are going to convert your headlights to HID, then THIS is definitely the place to go
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

4th Gear

Status
    i think i should get a cut of there profits with the amount of business ive passed to them from you guys lol

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_20
    i think i should get a cut of there profits with the amount of business ive passed to them from you guys lol
    lol!!true say...

4th Gear

Status
    I think we should change title to this thread to 'Who's left'

4th Gear

Status
    haha, i apologise for the bashing i have caused your wallets chaps

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Chris - You should have rep'd for them or Bulk stocked up.I wonder if they would have gave any discount for the amount that are actually buying..

...didnt get a chance to fit mine today either.Hope it doesnt take as long as my fog covers ,Gotta get back into the swing of things!

***** rent boy

Status
    As soon as I bought the car, I fitted my xenons there and then! The guy didn't have a clue what was going on, but it took me all of 15 mins to get the old ones out and the xenons in. Best mod you can do providing you stay under 6000k.

Suspicious

Status
    So am I right in saying its best to go for the top ones (79.99)? Gonna jump on this here band wagon if you don't mind

Reverse Gear

Status
    I bought the top ones. When I called to check on the order he told me I needed the resistor for an additional tenner. I fitted with the resistor and have no fault lights. More than happy. Last 4 cars had Xenon, I was shocked at how bad the stock lights were. Audi should be ashamed selling cars with the standard lights. Shame on you Audi
    Late 04 A4 Avant 130 sport. Factory Fit Body Kit. Denim Blue. Full Black Leather. Aluminium Interior Trim. Tinted Windows. 19" RS4's. Xenons. Debadged. 58K. FASH............Baby Seat.
    FOR SALE !!! SEE DIRTY PICS IN CLASSIFIED.

A4 autovogue style

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vw754
    Got mine from hid's direct 6000k best mod yet! i got the sidelights to match,the bulbs look dark blue(side lights) but when there lit there ice white! Also i fitted the ballasts under the headlight,same place where audi fit them as the cars use the same headlight for halogen/xenon.what a factory fit!

what sidelights are u using m8??

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Does anyone else find that when they first switch the lights on, the HIDs momentarily flair really brightly, then ease back a fraction? I hope this is normal behaviour.

I too was struck by the difference between the yellow sidelights & the white light of the HIDs when I was looking at them in daylight, but then I realised it doesn't matter, because it's undetectable when it's dark. Even if I've got them on in daylight, I won't see them because I'm driving, and I don't care if anyone else notices.

What I do think is a good idea is that we should all order a spare set of HID bulbs from HID Direct, and keep them in the car. If a bulb does go, we can't just pop into Halfords or the nearest petrol station & pick one up.

4th Gear

Status
    Yer jeff thats completely normal for them to flicker when u first turn them on!good idea about the bulb but apparently xenon bulbs last as long as the car(so ive been told)

5th Gear

Status
    My OEM Xenons flicker when fisrt turned on, especially in the colder weather. Nothing to worry about providing they do calm down after a minute or two.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

1st Gear

Status
    I bought a 6000K kit from ebay, 46 delivered. Works perfectly well, no bulb warnings.

In case anyone is interested, I picked up a pair of white-ish sidelight bulbs from ebay for 2.98 delivered, as opposed to anything from 7+ plus postage on the usual 'bulb' websites. They match the HIDs very well.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoproturon
    In case anyone is interested, I picked up a pair of white-ish sidelight bulbs from ebay for 2.98 delivered, as opposed to anything from 7+ plus postage on the usual 'bulb' websites. They match the HIDs very well.
    Any chance of posting the link, in case I change my mind?

1st Gear

Status
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ACEparts-Performance-Lighting was where they came from, can't seem to find them on there - have a look through though. They weren't LED ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12