Volks AutosSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

maybe some opinions here if possible

Just migrated this from the B5 forum as you guys might have a better idea, Basically I have just been to have a look at this.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...=&max_mileage=

Nice looking car and has had some nice things done to it. There are reciepts for a full Miltek sytem and engine management upgrade....all done by Audi. There are no figures, but the garage reckon over 400BHP. Two things bother me about the car. The first is its an auto with paddle change. apart from driving my mothers C180 auto I have no experience of this at all....anyone got any experience or comments? Also its red which if it stays red is fine, but pink after a few years is not so good. Its also got 60K on the clock which is only 30K less than my 1.8TQS.
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    i wouldnt worry about the paddle shift i have one and its fantastic
    you can still use the car in fully manual if you like but it feels a lot quicker
    using the tiptronic
    the spec looks good and the price aint bad either it doesnt have two many miles on it so all in all id say go for it
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice car Good spec and a good price which obviosly reflects the mileage ! The paddle shifts on these cars is realy good ! With a decent warranty go for it !!!
    Audi 3.0 Sport Cab (Weekend) Transit 130 tdci GLX. (Everyday) Audi 2,0 TDI S line Avant (Somedays) Yamaha R1 (Track) Kawasaki ZZR 1400 (Road) Rotax RM1 (Track kart) I is a petrolhead !

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks guys for the replies. I am going back down this afternoon. It just depends what sort of price he will give for mine. When we had a quick chat yesterday he said 4K for mine, but I had to leave everything on it. To be truthful I would be looking for at least 4K against the other car and I would want to put the std stereo back in (Becker cascade pro with ipod fitted at the moment)
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Thats a Nice motor mate, similar to what ill be looking for.
    Good price, Good mileage, Good condition, you cant go wrong.
    Paddle shift is something I havnt tried yet so cant comment on that.

4th Gear

Status
    dont worry bout the paint going pink. aslong as u look after the paint...i.e keep it protected with a good quality wax it will look as new! Get it bought son

***** rent boy

Status
    Like Chris mentioned the paint should be OK, modern cars rarely suffer from fading, Audi has a 12 year guarantee on corrosion, I'm sure you could work something out if it started turning pink!

The S4 should only be bought as a manual, the auto gearboxes are cumbersome and slow, a manual standard S4 takes 5.4 secs to hit 62mph, the auto will add on nearly a second to it. Also the 400bhp figure sounds extremely optimistic, unless there were some wholesale changes made to the engine internals an exhaust and a remap would not result in 60bhp extra.

The price and spec do seem good though, it's entirely up to you, it's a buyers market at the moment so if you can negotiate something, and you like the auto box I'd say go for it.

1st Gear

Status
    Take a look at this one Mate ??
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/323743.htm
    Audi 3.0 Sport Cab (Weekend) Transit 130 tdci GLX. (Everyday) Audi 2,0 TDI S line Avant (Somedays) Yamaha R1 (Track) Kawasaki ZZR 1400 (Road) Rotax RM1 (Track kart) I is a petrolhead !

1st Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks chuckh, they both look like nice motors. Am not really affter an avant as my garage isn't that long LOL. The Ebony black one look nice though, just a shame it's not got sat nav,

I test drove the one in the roiginal post today and the paddle shift is fine. Might take some getting used to but the car still feels bloody fast. The only set back is the trade in price for mine. he wants everything left as it is and will give me 4K. There are too many things added to it to let it go for that. Basically if i took the stuff off I could sell there would be another grand at least there. So all in all hes only giving me 3K for an immaculate 1.8TQS with votex front and rear lips, Bose, 4 refurbed wheels with brand new Goodyears F1's, Amd remap, Miltek exhaust and high flow cat.

The worst thing about it all is I would bet anything as soon as he had the car he would take everything off it anyway and put it through the auction!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Im sure the 3grand you saving on the black one will buy you a satNav!!
    Your right about your car though, They'll just push it through auction but what about the option of selling yours Privately, Give him a Deposit, Take a chance, If it dont sell quick enough then chop it in, worse case is you lose the price of the Ad.

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Lets have a butchers at your Motor anyway, You have any pics????

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mac1403
    Thanks chuckh, they both look like nice motors. Am not really affter an avant as my garage isn't that long LOL.
    Believe it or not the avant is actually shorter than the saloon by about 3mm IIRC. It's certainly no longer.

5th Gear

Status
    Not the best pictures but here ya go

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for the info Macduff. Not that I didn't believe you but checked on the web....You are totally right. Its quite unbelievable to think that an avant is shorter than a saloon. As long as the missus don't find out i am in the clear. she has been on about getting one of those for a while!