Few A4 Questions

ickleric

Reaction score
I am going to buy a A4(B6) in the next couple of weeks, got 5k to spend. So i just have a couple of questions.

1). Most of the A4(B6) cars don't have colour coded bumpers, which doesn't look very good in my opinion, i like the rest of the car though. So how much would it cost to have the the front bumper, rear bumper and skirts painted to match to car? Has anyone done this?

2). Or has anyone had a s line front, rear bumper and skirts fitted? If so how much?

3). How much would it cost to have a standard model lowered (cheapest option)?

Just some rough ideas would be great.

Also if anyone is selling a A4 (B6) for around 4-5k, with no more than 80k on clock, please let me know. I live in the north west.

Thanks

where about in the north west are you mate? im based in liverpool and bought my a4 from brewster street garages in bootle, they basically get the A4s in standard and spruce them up a bit by colour coding the bumpers and sides and throwing a set of 19s on. could be worth a look?
i lowered mine on 35mm springs which cost around £100 and around another £80 for fitting.

ickleric said:
Also if anyone is selling a A4 (B6) for around 4-5k, with no more than 80k on clock, please let me know. I live in the north west.

I think you'll be lucky to find many B6s at that price with less than 80k miles.:icon_thumright:

chris_20 said:
didnt know then done a 1.6 engine in a A4 B6?

I didnt either till I seen that,Unless its an Error.
I only knew of the A3 1.6!!
:think:

There was a 1.6 A4, endowed with a massive 100BHP and I think it had a 0-60 of something like 12.5 seconds.

Maybe that was why they didnt sell many of them. You'd be mad to even consider buying one, it must be painful to drive!

Hi, in answer to your questions

1. mine cost £270 to get the bumper lowers and sides painted
2. S-line kits are about £600 and another £400 for painting and fitting
3. Lowering springs are around £100 and about £80-100 to get fitted, don't try it yourself unless you know how to undo the dreaded top pinch bolt....

I have seen a nice one for 5k with 100k on the clock. I didn't really want anything with more than 80k on clock.

Is 100k alot? Or am i been too picky. What sort of mileage would you expect these engines to last for??

ickleric said:
I have seen a nice one for 5k with 100k on the clock. I didn't really want anything with more than 80k on clock.

Is 100k alot? Or am i been too picky. What sort of mileage would you expect these engines to last for??

Petrol or Diesel? A mate of mine has recently bought a 1.9TDI with 165k on it, and it is in beautiful condition. Has a full Audi history, runs and drives very nicely.

It would be a lot more useful if you told us what engine you are going for.

ickleric said:
either a 1.9TDI(diesel), 1.8T(petrol) or 2.0(petrol)

Rule out the 2.0 mate.Unless you aint bothered about having a little poke.

100K for what you want to spend isnt that bad at all. I bought mine Novemeber 06 with Full Audi Service history (longlife,which Ive ditched now and service every 6k - ish) 1 owner with 96k showing for £5500, Originally advertised for £6450 but in the end he wanted to sell quickly as it had been advertised for 2weeks but he didnt know he had it on the wrong section,Hence the reason it was hard to find in the ad's.
My spec:
1.8T sport Quattro
10 speaker bose with 6cd Headunit
Full leather electric Lumber support (no heated option)
Full DIS
Climate control
SUnroof (apparently its quite rare to have a sunroof with climate control (thats Audi's words not mine)
Arm rest (again,Audi said thats an Extra)
Full electric windows (some come with just front)

the list could goa little further but it gives you an idea whats out there anbd what to look for.

Mine is the sport version so it sits a little Lower than standard (20mm if I remember rightly)

Good luck!! Keep us posted...:icon_thumright:

so if i got a 1.8T what sort of mileage would expect it to last till?

ickleric said:

The 1.8t will go pop at.........erm......:think:

ickleric said:

Impossible to quote a figure with any sort of accuracy. Depends on an almost infinte number of factors - how hard the car is driven, service history, allowing car to warm up before driving it hard, quality of oil used etc etc etc!

I realise you can't give exact figures, but what are the some sort of mileage have people got at the moment? Should they be good for at least 200k if serviced?

If driven and used with consideration, maintained and serviced on time and in the correct way then I dont see why 200k cannot be achieved.

My dad had a 1986 Audi 80 1.8CL from new and it lasted until 1999 and had 340,000 miles on it when it died. These engines will last for a long, long time if they are just taken care of.

as golf said. mine currently has 105k on it, it drives as new as i look after it!