non electric rear door conversion

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
my audi a4 has wind up and down rear door windows, i was a bit stunned to see that for the high speck car that i have, but i did not get it new so i got what i got, but that does not stop me from fixing that issue,

Iv got in my possession 2 rear doors off a 2001 vw passat tdi with all the electrics in them, i just unbolted them and put them into storage, they have the electric window motors on the metal door cards, i could strip them out and install them into the rear doors on my audi,

So as we all know the A4 and Passat are almost brothers from the same design table, But would the rear doors take the same door metal cards that hold all the electrics ? shape size etc etc ?

My next Q is are the electric plugs in place to plug "N" play style the electrics ? did they fit all shells from the electric loom for rear windows and wait to see what the customer ordered at the sales counter when buying the car new ?

All i would have to get would be new rear door cards and window switches for the rear doors and the drivers door,

Im sure you all can see where im heading with this one,

Any advise chaps ?

Very doubtful that the wiring will already be fitted into the cars shell. Audi dont tend to waste wire and money on options that are not fitted!

Ive the same problem, Ill live with it

I'd live with it too mate. There's nought wrong with Clockwork!

TT:motz: