vag com

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi
can anyone burn and sell me a copy of the correct version of vagcom and advise me of the correct lead to buy.
is this all possible or are they car specific ?
how many versions is there ?
how much would i be looking at ?
is it easy to use ?
do i need anything else ?
im wanting it for general use and testing it ect..
found a few with leads on flebay but we all know the score there..

my car is an 18T if it makes any difference

thanks lea

You dont need a copy burned for you, just download it for free from www.rosstech.com! Buy a USB lead from fleabay for circa £15 (there may be a few sellers with different looking leads but they're basically much the same thing!) then get onto the Rosstech website and download the software version for "other cable types" I think its called. Its that simple in reality!

If you're going to be doing anything more complicated then you'll have to buy a license from RossTech.

cheers all
how much is it to buy a licence for full version or can i buy that from one of you lot.
is it easy to use.
cheers

You can take advantage of the weak dollar and get a license for around £50 which isn't too bad. You can use VagCom to its full potential, as I found the shareware version was a little too restrictive.

You can code lots of cool things too, like doors locking automatically above speeds of 10mph, sidelights coming on when opening car etc.

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VAGCOM

thats exactly the sort of thing i want it for, can i make my alarm beep on locking and unlocking.
do i need the light switch with auto on to do my lights on with unlocking.
cheers lea

just gone on fleebay to get a lead and theres hundreds.
lots of them state in the small print not compatible with can-bus.
i thought half the flaming car was ran on can-bus.
others state that they will only work upto a certain software version of vagcom.
would any one be so kind to send me a link to what i need.
sorry to be a pain but everything i buy lately either doesnt work or is the thing.
im ****** jinxed.
cheers lea