exhaust

chris_20

Reaction score
guys my car has no exhaust, well not any visible ones. basically im wanting to get a dual exhaust due to the bumper i want. so is it possible to add another exaust pipe?

basically my car looks like this from behind

and i want it too look like this

I think its straight forward really, its a case of having a dual back box made and simple bolt on.
Think there is a few on here who have had theirs done.

Rick Glover said:
You could always buy a petrol version.:idea:
I took my standard crappy exhaust off and put this Milltek on my tdi.
milltek.jpg

It went from this.
A4-3-1.jpg

To this.
100_0404a.jpg

Now thats what im talking about. how much did it set u back james if ya dont mind me asking?

If i remember rightly it was around £600.It was listed as 1.8t but fits a 130tdi perfect.

alot of money that is. think i might just get one custom made cause i dont want a loud exhaust, if anything i want it to be silent

It was very quiet but it was on a diesel.
Would save you some money getting a custom rear section made up but just be careful where you go,make sure they are recommended as some firms are crap.

Mate, have you checked out Powerflow? I've got a system on my other car (ST24) and you can make it sound as loud or quiet as you want it to during the fitting process. I ended up with a cat back, two rear silencers jobbie (£320 IIRC) but on a V6 its made it sound like a burbling V8!! Lovely Jubbly!!
After having had it nearly seven years, its the only thing that's stopping me from parting with it!!!

Oh and if you get it checked annually you maintain its lifetime warranty too.

audipardner said:
Oh and here's the wife's twin holed rear end!!

:hubbahubba:
DSC02807.JPG

Looks good what bumper is that?

also is it possible to change the sound of an exuaust on a diesel?:sadlike:

It's the Votex kit, quite similar to the GmbH kit i believe?

Dont know about the diesel sound change though. You'd have to check with the Powerflow lads - sorry.

Gah all these pictures! I've always wanted a dual exhaust like this, so so tempting!

www.mijperformance.com

did me 2 4" tail piped dual back boxes for just under £300,would recommend them to anyone.will get pics for ya once ive sorted some decent ones out.

p.s the back of my car was exactly the same as yours prior to the back boxes going on but mine already had an exhaust on either side but just couldnt see em.

NikNak got in there before me, Wish my Mrs rear look like that.:arco:
Love the colour.

I had a powerflow Mid>back for around £340 and I gotta admit, its ****** does my head in sometimes, can be quite loud at times BuT still glad I got it.Sounds nice aswell...
...sitting at 80mph is drowning though!

Thanks for the replies on the Wife's rear end chaps, looks better in the flesh!!

What cat back set up did you have on your Powerflow mate, as I've got one on my ST24 and it sounds effin burrbly gorgeous, or maybe it is because it's from a V6 lump?

The V6 lump always sound well with a filter and exhaust. Lovely Burble!

I just had my center box removed and had a pipe all the way from where its joins up front (not removing Cat) and straight through to the back with the 2 boxes.

J7USS said:
I just had my center box removed and had a pipe all the way from where its joins up front (not removing Cat) and straight through to the back with the 2 boxes.

No wonder its loud then!! I did this to a Vectra I had a few cars ago, bought a Supersprint exhaust and it came with a straight through pipe for a mid-section! It was noisy to say the least but sounded good, even with only a 1.8 lump under the hood!

Nickynibbles said:
No wonder its loud then!! I did this to a Vectra I had a few cars ago, bought a Supersprint exhaust and it came with a straight through pipe for a mid-section! It was noisy to say the least but sounded good, even with only a 1.8 lump under the hood!

I did wonder if that what it was but my mate has a same set up but with Miltek and it sounds alot less noisy than mine. I know its because a Miltek and like we say, you get what you pay for but I guess its because its powerflow!!

...I reckon they didnt put the right rear boxes on for the sound I told them I wanted.
Its not bad but its one of them when you start thinking about it, it seems to get louder...:think:

james0808 said:

lol, I keep getting beat to the post!

By the way james, Ive now sprayed the foglight covers black!!:rockwoot:

J7USS said:
lol, I keep getting beat to the post!

By the way james, Ive now sprayed the foglight covers black!!:rockwoot:
Nice one,do you think it looks better?

james0808 said:
Nice one,do you think it looks better?

Yeah they do. They were originally black wasnt they but it was one of them where you try them......cant be ***'d to spend 20 mins spraying them back to original.

...gives me an excuse to post a pic of my front end eh!:)