Fixed dead coilpack - engine mgmt light still on?

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks to all those who helped diagnose the dead coilpack on my A4. (I love this forum!!) Managed to get a replacement for £23 including next day delivery. Fortunately, it was the first one that was dead, as without vagcom I was just having to try one at a time.

Problem is now fixed, car is running nice and smoothly again, however the engine management light is now illuminated permanently. When I had the problem it flashed on and off, but now it's on all the time.

I'm guessing (hoping), it's just that the fault needs to be reset or something. It's due a service in the new year so not too worried, just be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks again.

Mike

Mikebabs1 said:
Hi all,

Thanks to all those who helped diagnose the dead coilpack on my A4. (I love this forum!!) Managed to get a replacement for £23 including next day delivery. Fortunately, it was the first one that was dead, as without vagcom I was just having to try one at a time.

Problem is now fixed, car is running nice and smoothly again, however the engine management light is now illuminated permanently. When I had the problem it flashed on and off, but now it's on all the time.

I'm guessing (hoping), it's just that the fault needs to be reset or something. It's due a service in the new year so not too worried, just be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks again.

Mike

Sounds like you need a code reader to delete the fault code, where are you based ?

Thanks mate, hope it is just that. I'm in Kent (Bromley area).

Cheers.

Mike

Yep code needs to be reset and its business as usual

I'm in kent, near bluewater. drop me a PM and i'll reset the light for you

Thanks mate, that's really good of you, I appreciate it. But if it is just the code that needs to be reset, then as I said it'll be in for a service soon so I can live with the light being on for now.

(Plus I don't fancy that drive over to Bluewater at this time of year! :eek:) )

Thanks though.

Cheers

Mike

Disconnect the battery for 5 mins, make sure you have the radio code handy

Glad, you got car sorted. By the way you should have got a spare coil pack as you never know when the next one will go....