Climate control/ Light Switch/ Remote

Reaction score
Hi There
I got an A4 Sport TDI 52 and fine very happy with it until few days ago, the Climate control starts going to ECO on it own it is now fine but I know it will do it again, the Light Switch light Comes on when I turn the Light on but it starts flashing and then Turns Off. The head Light and all is working normally.

Also the Key Remote sometimes does not open the car until i open with the key and i turn the Ignition on and off, amazing things.
I took the car for a Test and the reading came like NFF (No Fault Found) no problems, I assume it an intermittent faults but the light switch problem is still there, every morning it does work fine for few seconds and then Opps gone

Please help

Odd electrical problems are often caused by the electronic box of tricks under the carpet in the passenger footwell. Forgive me for not remembering its official name, but basically its a control unit for many of the cars passenger compartment electrical systems. Suggest you have this looked at as a next step. Bad news is that if it is this box then it'll cost you a few hundred pounds to have replaced, although sometimes units appear on ebay.

My headlight switch does the same thing, sometimes it lit sometimes not..My last B6 audi did the same thing..

Could the econ light be related to the outside temp? I thought that it turns ther air-con off below 3 degrees C?

What are the batteries like in your remote? Does it do the same thing with your second key?

Yes outside temp 5 degrees or below and the air con turns off the compressor to stop it freezing. This is normal and would account for the ECON button coming on.

technics100 said:
My headlight switch does the same thing, sometimes it lit sometimes not..My last B6 audi did the same thing..

Could the econ light be related to the outside temp? I thought that it turns ther air-con off below 3 degrees C?

What are the batteries like in your remote? Does it do the same thing with your second key?
Thanks, I tried the Second Key and It Fine, one Problem Less, the only problems now are the Switch and the aircon, i returned to the Garage and they advised me to go back to main dealer for a Full Reading Check
!!Opps, this sound a bit weird

Any Suggestions please :(:(
:keule:

AndyMac said:
Yes outside temp 5 degrees or below and the air con turns off the compressor to stop it freezing. This is normal and would account for the ECON button coming on.

Today it was a bit Over 5 and it came On again, can't explain it, it works fine for few days and then Opps , Econ:keule: comes on

My Econ is on permanently, that's because my compressor is either ******, or i need a recharge of gas! It's got a safety feature in it to stop the compressor working when it could damage the system!

I haven't had it checked out yet, but i'm hoping i just need a recharge! What could be occuring in your case is the gas is low hence it dropping in and out of Econ

trotman said:
My Econ is on permanently, that's because my compressor is either ******, or i need a recharge of gas! It's got a safety feature in it to stop the compressor working when it could damage the system!

I haven't had it checked out yet, but i'm hoping i just need a recharge! What could be occuring in your case is the gas is low hence it dropping in and out of Econ

My previous A4 did this, turned out to be the G65 pressure sensor was faulty and giving false readings and keeping the compressor off.. You really need vag-com and see if any faults have been logged. Cost £40 ish from audi and a 10 min fitting job. hope that is of some use..

ive always got the 'E-CON' button lit up,ive heard it shuts off the compressor and it should only be off to switch on aircon? Also lit up saves fuel as compressor is off!

Took the Car to Audi and ALl was fixed by changing the the Pressure valve
for the Stwitch, it was replaced and all fine not :):)