JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

New Headunit problem

Hi i'v decided to put a 7' moterised screen with built in dvd/cd/radio so set about it all was fine just plug and play although there was 3 plugs for my standard audi headunit and so i new i would lose my dash display where it told you what station/track number you where on which didnt bother me. So done this but only have sound coming from my front speakers so can anyone tell me how to source this problem i take it my rear speakers and sub are amped?? can you buy a aftermarket plug that fits all 3 plugs?? any help would be great Chris.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Yes you need the RCA input adapter, which will take your rear RCA's from the new HU and allow them to plug into the Audi rear/sub amp. You'll find the rear volume will be very faint compared to the fronts so you'll have to fade to rear to balance it up as the rear amp is only 2 x 20w.
    But you'd be far better off rewiring the rears directly to the HU, and just use the adapter connected to the sub pre-out, at least then you can whack the sub level up to max to balance it.

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Normally you find the rears are quiet when used through the RCA adaptor when you don't have a unit that has 4 volt output on the RCAs.
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

Neutral

Status
    where will i get 1 of these adaptors does anyone have a link?? thanks for your help guys
    3.0 V6 Quattro Sport.

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Any decent stereo shop. Autoleads produce the lead (along with many other people)
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

Neutral

Status
    ideal cheers bud
    3.0 V6 Quattro Sport.