New Headunit problem

-chris-

Reaction score
Hi i'v decided to put a 7' moterised screen with built in dvd/cd/radio so set about it all was fine just plug and play although there was 3 plugs for my standard audi headunit and so i new i would lose my dash display where it told you what station/track number you where on which didnt bother me. So done this but only have sound coming from my front speakers :motz: so can anyone tell me how to source this problem i take it my rear speakers and sub are amped?? can you buy a aftermarket plug that fits all 3 plugs?? any help would be great Chris.

Yes you need the RCA input adapter, which will take your rear RCA's from the new HU and allow them to plug into the Audi rear/sub amp. You'll find the rear volume will be very faint compared to the fronts so you'll have to fade to rear to balance it up as the rear amp is only 2 x 20w.
But you'd be far better off rewiring the rears directly to the HU, and just use the adapter connected to the sub pre-out, at least then you can whack the sub level up to max to balance it.

Normally you find the rears are quiet when used through the RCA adaptor when you don't have a unit that has 4 volt output on the RCAs.

where will i get 1 of these adaptors does anyone have a link?? thanks for your help guys

Any decent stereo shop. Autoleads produce the lead (along with many other people)