standard bhp for my car?!

howdy quattro

Reaction score
alright guys and gals, i'm pretty new to all this vag business as i've always been into my redtop novas/corsa and fiesta turbos. but decided i needed a more comfortable car now so i got myself an '01 a4 quattro sport 1.8t, or thats what it says on the tin. i just can't figure out what the standard bhp is supposed to be on it. one mate of mine says it'l be 150, but another lad says coz its the sport it'l be 163, but even looking on various websites i'm strugglin to come up with owt conclusive, even tried the official audi site and they just tried floggin me an r8, nice try boys. so any help from one of you resident experts will help no end i'm sure/ just want to no the startin point on which i'm working up from. cheers you lot.

pete

In the handbook / boot there will be a sticker with a figure in KW. This can then be converted to bhp, telling you exactly what you have.

Sport does not add any BHP just comes with differnt gadgets, like lower suspension, different seats, wheels

When the A4 first came out it was 150bhp. I ordered one in 2001 and was initially quoted 150bhp but the model was revised to 163 by the time I got it. Eventually the 1.8t was taken up to 190(denoted by a red 'T' on the boot badge 18T). Inside the spare wheel well you should find a label listing the model details. There should be a figure about 4/5 lines down in kw. Mine is 120kw, which is 160.9hp

hope this helps, quttro4