Courtesy light in doors

pav-g

Reaction score
Hi Guys, never really noticed but as I just saw a friend off in his TDi I just realised that there are courtesy lights at the end of the door and mine have never worked. Will check bulbs nd fuses in morning but any ideas.

Thanks in advance

We fitted some speakers into the rear doors of a 'poverty-spec' 2007 Jetta 'S' the other week and this vehicle only had blank reflectors and no actual bulbs or holders.

For some reason Audi decided to not install them in the A3 S-Line.
They are there on all other variants with he exception of the base spec cars.
I have no idea why they didn't put them on the S-Line which is, after all, one of the higher specifications. Very strange?

Might be different on latest models but I definitely do not have them on my 2007my A3 2.0TDi Sportback S-Line.

got them on my 1.8tq sline but they dont have them in the mrs 2.0 fsi sport avant, dont get the ambient red led in roof either, had to retrofit that

That is weird, will check to make sure theyre not just red reflectors when it stops raining..

I thought the door lights came as part of the interior light pack, along with the ambient red roof leds???

Our 01 SE without light pack has them; the 53 Sport doesn't. My old base model Quattro didn't either.

its just another story light the interior lighting. It makes no real sense !

Niknak said:
I thought the door lights came as part of the interior light pack, along with the ambient red roof leds???

they do ian aswell as footwell lights and vanity mirror lights

Thats good question Nik Nak, Im seeing my mate mid week to get my HIDs installed so will pose the question. Now that Ive seen them door lights on my mates 01 plate FSi I want them aswell.

jase0851 said:
they do ian aswell as footwell lights and vanity mirror lights

I've got all these lights in mine except the vanity mirror lights! I dont think Audi have any particular standard with regard to equipment, I think they just make it up as they go along - like a lucky dip!!!

i think the light pack changed as to what you actually got on different years

ian to get the door lights workin you will need different looms for the doors. i have a set but havnt got round to fitting them yet, gonna fit em after ive sorted my b7 votex skirts out

IVE GOT THEM. they work when door is open but only for a minute or so.

I have them in mine although the rear drivers door won't work. I have checked the bulb, but still no luck. Does anyone know how to check the switch for the door and where it is? Its nearly caught me out a few times by relocking the door after 30 secs because it doesn't know its been opened...

By the way mines a 130 sport without the lighting pack...

Technics

the switch is integral to the lock mechanism and is a right pain and expense to change. Mine sticks occasionally there is another thread here somewhere on how to take the locka assembly apart to fix or by and replace the lock mecahanism. but thats expensive.

Regards

Max

I have them in my 2002 130 TDI sport but like technics100 my rear passengers door one does not work, This is ar eal pig as this is the side i put my daughter into and the interior lights go out after 10 seconds of trying to get her to stay in her chair!

My '02 sport has them in all doors & they all work perfectly, but I dont have any red LED's in the roof, footwell lights or vanity mirror lights. It does seem to be total pot luck as to what your car gets fitted with!!

Nickynibbles said:
My '02 sport has them in all doors & they all work perfectly, but I dont have any red LED's in the roof, footwell lights or vanity mirror lights. It does seem to be total pot luck as to what your car gets fitted with!!

I have all of them in mine :thumbsup: