Chris NottMonster Motorsport

Thread: hid retrofit

Neutral

Status

hid retrofit

Hi guys,

I'm currently contemplating fitting a set of hid's but i wanted to know, if they give a bulb error on the dash, is it possible to reset this via vagcom?

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    u can get hids which dont give the errors. ive just took delivery of a set today and will be fitting them 2morrow. ill let ya know how it goes.
    top ones:http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-products.html

4th Gear

Status
    Not badly priced, wonder how much it would cost to get them fitted.

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    You can do it yourself easily enough so why pay someone the labour to fit them?!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Neutral

Status
    sorry should have said that i have some on the way but i don't know whether they will give errors or not. I just wanted to know whether the bulb error can be rectified or if i would have to change to another hid set to get around this?

cheers

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles
    You can do it yourself easily enough so why pay someone the labour to fit them?!
    I am totally useless with a screwdriver - anything practical im guaranteed to cock it up. Ive no patience and dont know my own strength. I suppose I can change a fuse in a plug

4th Gear

Status
    Ive a generic set in my A4 that give no errors. if they are on the way just try them.
    back to boost, oh how I missed thee....

4th Gear

Status
    the ones which i got (on that link posted previously) are fantastic, i fitted them last night but like pav im useless with anything practical and got my buddy to fit them. took about an hour or so to do. im very impressed and would recomend them to anyone. great service aswell from them. A+++++

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    got any pics?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_20
    the ones which i got (on that link posted previously) are fantastic, i fitted them last night but like pav im useless with anything practical and got my buddy to fit them. took about an hour or so to do. im very impressed and would recomend them to anyone. great service aswell from them. A+++++
    Just the assurance I needed - im gonna buy a set as oem ones are soooo cr*p

4th Gear

Status
    a4 tc- ill get a couple pics over the weekend bud cause im getting the windows tinted on saturday so itll kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

pav mate u wont be disapointed, the hardest thing from what i could see was finding a place to mount the ballasts, the rest is just plug and play, but then again i didnt fit them lol.
    i also recomend the 6000k temp, nice blue tint but nothing stupid or chavvy. its also a H7 bulb your after mate just incase ur not sure. i guarantee itll be one of the best mods ull do

1st Gear

Status
    Did you have to realign your headlights? Any problems with dazzling other motorists?

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    As long as the headlamps were aligned properly before hand then there is no problem after fitting the bulbs.
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

4th Gear

Status
    thats what i was told^^^ but im gonna get mine checked anyway, im pretty sure some1 flashed me today actually but it coulda bin for the car behind me im not too sure but just to be on the safe side ill get mine checked