A4 B6 Replacement Stereo Fascia (single din)

bonerp

Reaction score
Hi
Just replaced my standard concert stereo with a nice clarion dvd jobbie. However the fascia I picked on my Ebay is *****. There is no way to lock it in, so when I fit the cage to it, I can pull out the whole system!!

Anyone know of a decent fascia that a) fits, and b) is held in place some how!???

Its an 02 model by the way.

Paul

The fascia doesn't hold the HU in, the cage does that. The fascia is purely cosmetic to hide the gaps.
I got mine from CAD:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audi-facia-adaptor-p-662.html

It's a very good match & fit.
857774d4.jpg

DABfront.jpg

andy the genuine ones are 12 quid and they have the ali strip along the top

so what doesthe cage fit to?

i'd expect the fascia to be fitted to the car somehow otherwise a scrote will simply pull the lot out.

Just ordered one from VAG. Although it does say its for an 03 and b7! Looks same shape tho.

No, the aftermarket B6/B7 ones use the aftermarket radio cage to hold them in. The B5 and TT ones have small screws in them to hold the pieces in place.

The aftermarket cage uses all the metal tabs to secure it in place, you need to ensure they are locking into the many gaps around the fascia, in the B6 you need to push them in to lock them as the gaps aren't in the normal places.

I found on my B6 that none of the tabs on the cage would actually grip anything.

having the same problem my stereo will just slide out.

glad Im not the only one! I was starting to think I was a numpty!

I'm hoping the fascia from VAG can be screwed in or something!

None of the fascia's have anything to do with the HU, let alone hold it in.
The cage is the problem you need to try harder, use the bigger flaps and push them right in with sone long nosed pliers.

Im not talking about the fascia, with the cage I have there is nowhere for the tabs to grip. your cage may have more longer tabs, but mine blows.

Ive been fitting radios for years and never came across this :(

All cages are pretty standard, you have an array of small thin tabs, which admittedly can't grip anything, then you also have more substantial tabs further in. There's a few of these that will find a hole to hold onto.

on the VAG parts website you can buy a fascia with the silver trim at the top. Its says its for 2003 on but fits my 52 perfectly. This has 2 lugs on the inside that you screw into the dash inside the hole. Now my stereo is fitted properly ;-)