Suspension Changed on my Avant!!!

scottyjohn

Reaction score
Hey y'all!
Well its now done! My standard suspension on my A4 Avant TDi SE was very wallowy and the shocks had long since seen their best so I checked all the advice from you guys and scoured ebay for much cheapness goods to make my ride better!
I managed to win a full set of H&R lowered springs which a guy was selling second hand. £50 and lowers 35mm, fantastic, they retail at £150 so ive got a huge grin!
biglaugh.gif

Then I looked at shocks and found eurocarparts could do me Bilstein Gas shocks for £120 in TOTAL!!!!! He had to pick me off the ground!

So set about fitting the lot at the weekend and I have to say what a pain! The upper cinch bolt on the front suspension was totally seized but after about two hours of WD40 and my ex mechanic dad with his favourite hammer, we got it off! All 4 corners looked like the original shocks at 115000 miles! No wonder it was bouncy! So got it all re-assembled with coppaslip on the offending seized parts in case I need to revisit!

The car is now transformed, with a much lower agressive looking stance, and the handling is now superb! Goes like its on rails, although you have to be pushing on to notice any huge difference. The ride is just right, not too stiff, and havent managed to bottom out yet even on country roads with a couple of fellow heavy weights in! I have taken some before and after pics so will post them up soon!

All in Im VERY happy! :hubbahubba:

Would definitely be interested in seeing them; we've got 2 A4s - a 51 plate with 143K on the clock and a 53-plate with 147K. Certainly the 51-plate feels wallowy compared to the other one but it's on std suspension as opposed to Sport suspension.

Looks very low at the back, did you have a lot of weight in the boot?

2065233539_a4ad10199e.jpg

How's it driving?

BUB :beerchug:

Not particularly, it drives great but I do notice its slightly lower at the back but the pic does make it look worse than it is if your standing looking at it. Ran the other half to work this morning and they have huge ****** speed bumps! Need to take it very easy as recieved a firm thud on the underside. :sadlike: