Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

B7 grill on B6 Cabriolet?

Hi - sorry if this has been done to death but couldn't find much via a search.

As a previous A4 S line Avant & A3 DSG S line owner I have decided to sell my BMW 320CD and go for a B6 cabriolet - once purchased I will get a remap, 19" RS4 wheels and HOPEFULLY the B7 grill - any ideas on where to get one and the process I would need to follow, the car is likely to be Phantom Black

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

1.8T quattro sline

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by goodhixy
    Hi - sorry if this has been done to death but couldn't find much via a search.

As a previous A4 S line Avant & A3 DSG S line owner I have decided to sell my BMW 320CD and go for a B6 cabriolet - once purchased I will get a remap, 19" RS4 wheels and HOPEFULLY the B7 grill - any ideas on where to get one and the process I would need to follow, the car is likely to be Phantom Black

Thanks in advance
    heres a link mate http://www.hofele.com/design/en/Audi..._elegance.html

Ive done the same but with a saloon atleast you dont have to add an extension on this coversion looks like it should be a direct replacement. good company to deal with easy comunication,

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for that mate, do you have to get it sprayed or do they come pre painted with Audi colors??

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    I have dealt with the guys at Hofele before, they will paint it but they don't normally like sending it painted ! All the stuff I have seen has been good quality. At least this conversion allows you to keep your B6 headlamps rather than doing the full on B7 front end.
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

1st Quattro Deffo not my last...

Status
    I'd highly recommend Hofele nothing but a great service from Andreas the sales manager,received my Hofele bumper all in time stated packaged to the highest standard had a tow bar cap missing which was sent out to me straight away after alerting Andreas via email no ifs no buts.

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Gotta say, the cabrio version looks so much better than the saloon/avant version. If the saloon version looked like that, I'd jump at it.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    I'd love to do this conversion but due to my cackhandedness will not even think about attempting it.

Surely this conversion would mean replacing the bonnet of the B6 as itsweeps down between the headlights?
    B7 A4 2.0T S Line special edition Quattro Avant.
    Bose soundsAngel remap.
    Alu mirrors, blue vision sidelights

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Yeh, cabrio and saloon models differ a fair bit, so cabrio conversion is simply a matter of removing front bumper and bolting up the new one in place with your choice of colours for the centre grille - chrome or black optic one.
    Read here for the Saloon version :
    http://www.hofele.com/design/en/Audi...gle_frame.html
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    That looks nice on the cab dont it.

But how does it wrok with the grill?does the whole grill come up with the bonnet??sounds daft I know...

1st Gear

Status
    I just read the installation guide, TBH I think it wouldn't be long before the cracks started appearing between the extension abd the bonnett due to the uk roads and my sport spec suspension.

Anyone done a proper facelift conversion, I know a guy who done it on his vectra, cost him 400 quid from ebay for genuine Vauxhall parts and he was lucky enough to get the front end of a black Vectra VXR, his was a pre facelift black vectra Elite, so no spraying just a lot of unbolting then bolting!

Seen it a couple of times and had a really close look at all the gaps etc, it looks brilliant!
    B7 A4 2.0T S Line special edition Quattro Avant.
    Bose soundsAngel remap.
    Alu mirrors, blue vision sidelights