Help.Hazard Light on Dashboard

POPS11

Reaction score
Hi i have a problem i need some advice on

the Hazard triangle on the dashboard is lit up ..light is on (not flashing) and will not go off even after i have locked and alarmed the car.

At night i take the battery off to avoid the battery getting discharged

i dont think this is normal :keule: ....any advice appreciated.

Don't know if it's normal but my A3 8P is the same. Triangle on 24/7. Can't think a single red LED will flat the battery though.

Pops11, i wouldnt bother disconnecting the battery as you will then need to enter the code for the stereo, unless you have it, that it.

I would say remove the fuse for it 1st then, plug it back in and see if that makes a difference, this should sort it, as it may just need a manual switch off, if you know what i mean, give it a go and see what happens.....

POPS11 said:
Hi i have a problem i need some advice on

the Hazard triangle on the dashboard is lit up ..light is on (not flashing) and will not go off even after i have locked and alarmed the car.

At night i take the battery off to avoid the battery getting discharged

i dont think this is normal :keule: ....any advice appreciated.
That is not normal,you need to get it looked at.

James beat me to it, Its not normal and Lights up for a reason, Mine did it a few times but before I could get it looked at, My engine blew up - No im not refering your engine is going to blow up, Mine was down to the oil pump!!

If the light is on then get it checked out by someone who knows what they are doing.
Better to be safe than sorry.

J7USS said:
James beat me to it, Its not normal and Lights up for a reason, Mine did it a few times but before I could get it looked at, My engine blew up - No im not refering your engine is going to blow up, Mine was down to the oil pump!!

If the light is on then get it checked out by someone who knows what they are doing.
Better to be safe than sorry.
i will get it checked out as soon as i can ....

im intrested in knowing what happens if the engine did blow up did you get a new engine fitted ? what were the costs?? thanx

Just so you guys know, i think you are geting confused, I think he is talking about the Hazard warning ight, ie the button you press to turn on the hazards, not the ESP light or some other major fault light.

Mine is the same, I think it does turn off though after a while, I have noticed it on though a few times, don't worry about, chillout and Relax :)

It just means our cars are special :p

I noticed last night, that mine also turns off after a few minutes after I lock the car, otherwise. I always thought it was always on. Not sure why it stays on at all though really.

aahhhhhh right, lol!!!

Yeah Ive notice mine, the first time I had to think whether it was supposed to be on or not because I hadnt noticed either way,till the next time I was driving and it wasnt on.

The penny Dropped!!!

Pops - My engine (2nd hand) with fitting came shy of £3200!!!:faint:

The hazard light should stay on for about 4 to 5 min then go out this is normal,but if it stays on for much longer time or flickers ther is a fault poss with the cdl ecu which is fitted under passenger front floor,and check the floor is not wet aswell...

donvas said:
The hazard light should stay on for about 4 to 5 min then go out this is normal,but if it stays on for much longer time or flickers ther is a fault poss with the cdl ecu which is fitted under passenger front floor,and check the floor is not wet aswell...
:sadlike:The triangle hazard light never goes out....their has to be a fault somewhere...im thinking of getting of the vag software.

I have just browsed through this forum to see if anybody else has the same issue as I do. My hazzard triangle on the dash has been glowing and rained my battery. Pops 11 did you figure out what went wrong with yours?? any comments or advises are greatly appreciated guys

:sadlike:The triangle hazard light never goes out....their has to be a fault somewhere...im thinking of getting of the vag software.

The hazard warning light stays on for a few minutes. When it turns off this means that the car has gone to "sleep" nothing to worry about

But it never goes out though. The battery was flat last week. Then I started to disconnect the battery every night just to avoid flat battery the next day when I want to drive the car. Any idea on the hazard flasher??? someone says that if it never goes out that means something is draining my battery.. so confused now

But it never goes out though. The battery was flat last week. Then I started to disconnect the battery every night just to avoid flat battery the next day when I want to drive the car. Any idea on the hazard flasher??? someone says that if it never goes out that means something is draining my battery.. so confused now
Ohh My God, I have the same problem! I fell very desperate now.
First there was faulty door locks three of them was faulty, didn't made safety the doors (you can check if you lock your car and u ar inside the car and try to open the door, if you can open the door you have lock problem, pull the grip at least 2 times with every door)
Ok I did repaired it by myself, because I didn't want to pay 3*50 €. (I can help if you have faulty doors, just ask)
Now there is no fault in Convenience unit but the problem is still on.
The Hazard switch light should definitely should go out if there is everything all right.
It drain the battery 0,7 A, I also disconnect the negative wire from the battery to don't kill my new battery (the last one is dead because of this)

I don't know what to do now...What can cause such of problem?
Please help.

get it looked at needs a scan sod having to diconect the battery evey day

I read somewhere that I should replace the hazard switch relay, but I don't know where can I find it. Audi A4 ALT 2001 sedan
Could someone help to find that relay?