Badger5EM Tuning
    Shuddup Foooool!!

Status

time for new disc and pads...

As it says folks, my warning light has just come on just in time for my service so can anyone recommend or point me in the right direction for disc and pads all round..

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    DS2500 Pads

Unsure about Discs
    B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport Avant

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Go check your pads and youll see they have lots of meat left, the pad warning light is triggered with over 1/3 of pad life left, mine came on in march, 6k ago and theres still loads left, its just another Audi rip off scam, if you can live with the light on do so as apart from the car thinking it needs pads it does not need pads yet.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor
    Go check your pads and youll see they have lots of meat left, the pad warning light is triggered with over 1/3 of pad life left, mine came on in march, 6k ago and theres still loads left, its just another Audi rip off scam, if you can live with the light on do so as apart from the car thinking it needs pads it does not need pads yet.
    Yeah I did think that Doc, Its true, there is plenty left on them. My discs are looking pretty Facked to be honest so think ill still get them tied in with my service...

OEM's I reckon.

TORQUETRONIX-DONEGAL

Status
    EBC green stuff grooved n vented m8 have them on mine but DONT go for the EBC Greenstuff pads! there pure pants and after a month or so i had to throw them out as they had loads of wee cracks n caused serious brake fade so i'm back to the standard pads and there as good as anything

JJ-TINTS@CARNOISSEUR,
    CARRIGANS,CO.DONEGAL
    TEL/TXT: 07989 480 697 / 07929 779 229
    JJ-TINTS@HOTMAIL.CO.UK

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Greenstuff pads are made for smaller cars so I agree with Tintmaster. Were fine on my Focus, but not for anything bigger. Heard lots of good stuff about the DS2500s, loads of the Octavia guys on Briskoda run them.

Andy
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

1st Gear

Status
    I use EBC Greenstuff on mine and have found them to be fine! They've stood up to some heavy braking!
    2001 - Silver A4 1.9TDi Sport

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Im replacing for OEM's I think, Car is going next summer so no need to shed too much cash.

Wheres best place other than Main stealer to source these??

Four Ring Fanatic

Status
    i got new pads & disc's for the front & rear from gsf car parts

can't remember what make the pads where but the disc's supplied turned out to be brembo and the price wasn't bad either
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

Status
    Yes GSF for mine as well, Brembo discs and Jurid pads, OEM are actually Jurid (as with most maintenance parts, Audi don't make brake pads).
    I just did the rears and they were about 60 all in, fronts will obviously be more though.

Audi A4 1.8TQ

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    Yes GSF for mine as well, Brembo discs and Jurid pads, OEM are actually Jurid (as with most maintenance parts, Audi don't make brake pads).
    I just did the rears and they were about 60 all in, fronts will obviously be more though.
    On my B5 Audi i had GSF cross drilled discs all round, and Pagid fast road pads, total cost was about 150 quid +vat then fitting.

My B6 is a different story, apparently the discs are different on the B6 so I cannot have cross drilled rears

GSF also say they don't stock the Pagid pads either, I don't understand how much different the dics between two models are, I would have thought they were almost the same?
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?