'Check' button....

Grae

Reaction score
Right guys heres one for you!! With the ignition on and pressing the check button what should appear...? The manual just seems to confuse me...:think: and doesn't make any sense!!

I know it goes through a cycle of different checks but if something is low or not working what appears??

The reason im asking is that once i press it I get some red and orange symbols appear but then at the end i get an orange 'ok' symbol appear, but i though anything red requires attention?? There are no messages that come up just symbols of like tyres/oil/brakes....etc

Is this ok??

Nice one, always to be safe than sorry!!

Just out of curiosity if something does happen, what would appear??

Never really understood that check button. The car does a check each time you switch it on, and seems to constantly monitor anyway. I was driving along once, used the brakes and one of the brake lights must have popped, and the dis instantly put a warning up telling me one of the brake lights was popped. So why would you ever need to press the check button? I know that when driving, pressing the check button activates a speed warning, so why didn't they just label it "Speed"?

I think the warning that flags up when the fault occurs or when the self test is done disappears from the centre part of your DISwith oly a general warning remaining

When you press the check button you get the description of the fault ie: left rear lamp fault etc.

Right guys I'm still worried about this button....

I'll try and explain what i see when i press it.....

When i press the check button i get a small display (orange light) appears at the top of the display, the symbol shows the Brakes, coolant, oil, screen washers, petrol and then the speed set thing etc. These show for around 2 seconds each and then moves on to the next one, this is all good!! :yes:

What im worried about is that i also get a larger display just below it. The symbol display is similar to the orange one but this is in red....? This appears with only the Brakes, coolant and oil. It also has brake, coolant and oil written underneath eath corresponding symbol.....is this normal?? I just worry because it says in the manual anything in red is bad......??

I always get an ok symbol at the end??

Do you want pics up if i have confused anybody??

Please Please help.....:unsure:

This is perfectly fine- as it says above, if it says OK at the end then everything is A ok. Stop worrying & enjoy your car!

I thought the check was there purely to light up all the warning lights so that you know they all work as not all of them come on when you turn the ignition on.