EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 Indicators stuck on

car is a 2001 Y-reg A4 2.0SE multitronic (petrol). we only bought the car on saturday.

today the hazard lights are going all the time, i dont think they had even been turned on, i am assuming this is an alarm fault?

is there anything i can do to fix it , would disconnecting the battery or a fuse help to reset something? if so which fuse, because the "very helpful" car dealer who sold us the car give us every manual except the owners manual!

is disconnecting the battery a bad idea on these cars i.e. does it mean keys need re-programming and stuff like that
    Last edited by percybigun; 14th November 2007 at 09:25.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have now found out the actual symptom was that all the indicators remained permanently on when the car was locked (usually all indicators would flash once) but later they went off. i hope this isnt going to happen regularly!

5th Gear

Status
    try the hazard warning switch
    its a common fault on lots of vag cars
    the relay eventually wears out and either you lose all lights or they stick on permanently
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers