AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

3.0 V6 Quatto Sport Cab

Waiting patiently for the nice new beast to be delivered. Anyone out there know what can be done to improve output on 3.0 V6? All the stuff advertised here in UK just seems to be very tame re-chips of 8~12 bhp (hardly worth the bother). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/piss.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: 3.0 V6 Quatto Sport Cab

Mr Toad.. Nice choice of car u lucky git!! I was given a loan 3.0 Cab Sport (fwd) for a couple of days last summer and it's a great car. Nice noise from the engine too.

U've found the one main problem with the V6 normally-aspirated engines though - there is not a huge amount that can be done to tune them. The thing is, to get significant power increases it needs head-work and cams and other mechanical things like that, which just isn't cost effective on a performancerice ratio.

You could go for a chip and a hi-flow cat system to maximise the performance, but you'll as you say probably only get 10bhp or so for an outlay of maybe over 1200. Is it worth it??!!

IMO just enjoy the car as is - and don't do what most convertible drivers do which is to drive with the roof up even when it's shining...!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks - I'll probably just wait and see what develops (really wanted an S4 but you can't have everything you want in life - yet!)

Have to take it easy in the weather though - getting abit thin on top!

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Toaduk said:
    Thanks - I'll probably just wait and see what develops (really wanted an S4 but you can't have everything you want in life - yet!)

Have to take it easy in the weather though - getting abit thin on top!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you change your mind and still want an S4 cab, I know of a red one with black interior available in Sept with a few goodies on for 40k with hardly any miles on it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

In case you want some enticing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

You ready for this?

Sport pack, interior lighting, headlamp washers, heated / folding mirrors, wind deflector, electric seats, heated seats, leather, cruise, Symphony + 6cd, Bose, walnut inlay. Car is brilliant black with pearl leather. Didn't bother with metalic 'cos the solid black has a clear coat (they don't tell you that) and it still looks showroom on my Allroad after 3 years.

Have a nice weekend!

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks for the offer. The S4 is really too expensive to run for me as I do around 30k / year. Just worked out that my Allroad 2.5TDI has cost 45p / mile over three years (everything included) not bad.