Volks AutosChris Nott
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

DIS giving ghost warning!

Tonight, the check control system in my DIS flashed & beeped to say my right rear light is kaput.

So I checked it.....and it isn't. It's working fine.

Any one got any idea why the fault warning has activated and, more importantly, how I clear the pesky thing?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    It monitors the resistance of the circuit, and if it exceeds a certain level it'll activate the warning. Have a play with the bulb and make sure it's sitting tight in the holder, it could be a loose fitting and the vibrations are causing it to lose contact every so often.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

4th Gear

Status
    Also, remember that there are two bulbs that light up on each side when you put your lights on. One is a small 10W item the other is a combined brake/tail bulb.

I've had both the small ones go on our A4. Bought 10 off ebay for the price of 2 from Halfrauds!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    It's like Macduff said, it was the little 10-watter that had gone. Sorted now.

Something I did notice while changing it was that the car only has one rear fog-light, on the offside. The nearside assembly has a holder for a foglight, but there was no bulb in it. Amazed, I swapped the bulb from the offside into it, and it didn't light up, so I guess it's not wired for it.

I always though single rear foglights were for cheapo small cars.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

1st Gear

Status
    Glad I seen this post, I got the same problem come up yesterday an hour or so after I fitted the ambient lighting kit from ebay.

I thought I'd frazzled a connection :'(, anyway I'm going out to check the bulb is seated correctly and then maybe off to Halfords.

Might even wash the thing if it's still light wheb I get home