DIS giving ghost warning!

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Tonight, the check control system in my DIS flashed & beeped to say my right rear light is kaput.

So I checked it.....and it isn't. It's working fine.

Any one got any idea why the fault warning has activated and, more importantly, how I clear the pesky thing?

It monitors the resistance of the circuit, and if it exceeds a certain level it'll activate the warning. Have a play with the bulb and make sure it's sitting tight in the holder, it could be a loose fitting and the vibrations are causing it to lose contact every so often.

Also, remember that there are two bulbs that light up on each side when you put your lights on. One is a small 10W item the other is a combined brake/tail bulb.

I've had both the small ones go on our A4. Bought 10 off ebay for the price of 2 from Halfrauds!

It's like Macduff said, it was the little 10-watter that had gone. Sorted now.

Something I did notice while changing it was that the car only has one rear fog-light, on the offside. The nearside assembly has a holder for a foglight, but there was no bulb in it. Amazed, I swapped the bulb from the offside into it, and it didn't light up, so I guess it's not wired for it.

I always though single rear foglights were for cheapo small cars.

Glad I seen this post, I got the same problem come up yesterday an hour or so after I fitted the ambient lighting kit from ebay.

I thought I'd frazzled a connection :'(, anyway I'm going out to check the bulb is seated correctly and then maybe off to Halfords.

Might even wash the thing if it's still light wheb I get home