MPG....

Grae

Reaction score
Right folks, just out of curiosity lets have it....model of audi and your average Mpg

Only had the car a week so its the first tank of petrol...

3.0 V6 quattro sport - 21mpg

2.5TDi Avant Quattro Sport - 2003, 30K miles
The DIS reports on average 34.7 MPG, which for a mix of around town and motorways seems correct when I brim it with fuel, use it and brim it again. On a 200 mile round trip to Birmingham though, I brimmed it, did the trip (average speed of 75-80mph), brimmed it when I got back and it was doing 38.9 mpg which for a 2.5 6 cylinder diesel sounds good to me.

Cannot wait to see the 1.9 TDi owners, who have had their cars chipped and claim to be doing 60 mpg....yeah rite !

had my 2001 A3 1.8se one week and on the first brimming i did 255 miles and 6.5 gals works out just under 40 mph mixed driving , very happy

Rob

Cab 3.0 Sport multitronic
6 mile round trip daily to work no long runs = 250 miles 18 mpg:no:
normal mainly work with a couple long runs = 330 miles 23 mpg
long run to Lake district and touring = 430 miles 30mpg:yes:

on average probably around 300 miles to a full tank

Wifes A4 1.8T Sport Tiptronic 4 miles daily round trip to work 270 miles

2.5Tdi Cab ('03 and 57k) and I'm getting about 34mpg around town and about 39/40 ish on long runs, especially with the cruise control on when on French autoroutes. Not bad really considering the size of the engine. My previous a4 2.0 tdi got about 40 in town and 50+ on the mway, which was magic!

3.0V6 sport quattro, very similar experience to Dan, it varies between risable (250miles off a tank when completely in town on short runs) to really quite good (430miles of on a long all m-way cruises to Cornwall/Lake District etc)...

With my usual mixture of driving I see about 340miles out of a tank most times. Never, ever, believe any "official" mpg figures, and if anyone says they're getting seemingly unbelivably good mpg, they're probably not calcuating it right (and certainly not driving it hard enough)!

JohnboyC said:
2.5TDi Avant Quattro Sport - 2003, 30K miles
The DIS reports on average 34.7 MPG, which for a mix of around town and motorways seems correct when I brim it with fuel, use it and brim it again. On a 200 mile round trip to Birmingham though, I brimmed it, did the trip (average speed of 75-80mph), brimmed it when I got back and it was doing 38.9 mpg which for a 2.5 6 cylinder diesel sounds good to me.

Cannot wait to see the 1.9 TDi owners, who have had their cars chipped and claim to be doing 60 mpg....yeah rite !
I had 54mpg out of my old chipped 1.9 tdi 130 5 speed,once.The 6 speeders might be able to beat that.

1.8 T 190 usually short runs and i'd be lucky to see 20mpg, it's quite good on long runs at 34 mpg !!

S4 Avant - 45k miles - 20.5mpg ave - 220 miles on a tank before the light comes on.

1.9 tdi 130 sport re-mapped - 45k miles - 40odd mpg - 450 miles on a tank...

S4 soon for sale !!

non chipped 130 TDI following a Vectra+caravan at 50mph for 350 miles accross france does returned 60mpg believe me! (so boring!). at one point i acutally had 1100 miles between range left and milage done.

Usually though 38mpg due to town driving easily over 40 if doing long journeys at 80mph.

Will have to take mine on a long journey so i can see what i can get out of it!! All i do is short journeys, as only live 10mins from my work....!!

Road trip........!!

1.8T -190 avant. Just got in from wk end away dis said 31.8mpg- mainly motorways with some country lanes.

I have only owned the car for just over a week i used to have a Golf GT TDI 130 which did 48mpg with a couple of MTB's on roof on the same run!

The S-line is much more fun though!

Remapped 130 TDi, average 44 MPG with mixed driving, johnboy, never seen anyone on here claim 60 MPG out of a 130 whether remapped or not.:redface:

B5 S4 - commute is a mix of twisty b-roads and heavy city traffic - 20mpg.
Weekend playing with some beans - 16mpg
Motorway cruising with some rep chasing - 21mpg
Either way the S4 totally rapes me on fuel, but I still smile when I bury the throttle

46TheDoctor said:
Remapped 130 TDi, average 44 MPG with mixed driving, johnboy, never seen anyone on here claim 60 MPG out of a 130 whether remapped or not.:redface:

Have a shufty at this link

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=45078

Audi A4 1.9 .....have I missed the point or is the owner claiming 60+ mpg..........cough !
I "know" the 1.9's do really good mpg......but perpetrual motion. Hmmmmm right on !!!!

dans3.0 said:
Wifes A4 1.8T Sport Tiptronic 4 miles daily round trip to work 270 miles

Grae said:
Will have to take mine on a long journey so i can see what i can get out of it!! All i do is short journeys, as only live 10mins from my work....!!

Lazy feckers! Why don't you walk if it's such a short journey. No wonder obesity is on the rise :moa:

I've got a 3.0 Quattro Sport and normal use is 22 mile journey to work which is mostly motorway. I drive it like a grannie on purpose on this journey & can get up to 32mpg when using 99RON unleaded, slightly better than normal unleaded. If I feel like ragging it a bit though the ave mpg drops like a stone!! Drive like a grannie & keep revs below 2500rpm, you'll be surprised what mpg you can actually get. It may be boring but the hole in your bank account isnt too much fun either!!

46TheDoctor said:

Mine will do 60mpg if I reset it and cruise at 50mph, not very realistic though. Had the range hit 720 miles once as well but 550-600 is about right.

130 TDi Sport - getting pretty constant 44mpg out of it, combination of town driving, with a couple of 100+ mile round trips each week.

1.9 TDI 130 SE Avant with 114k, drove from bristol to Glasgow and got 54mpg. Normal driving around town with some short 50 mph hops usually returns mid to high 40s.
Im well happy with that, and with the oomph I get when I put the foot down

2.5 tdi (B6, 95K) used to get 38mph on motorway trips to work, but not doing motorways any more and don't get over 34mpg!!
AND saw one of my local garages tonight selling diesel at 106.9 per litre!!!!!!

B6 S4 (24k) Sitting to 60mph I get 29-30mpg, cruising around at normal speeds 70-90mph I get 20-23pmg.

Nickynibbles said:
I've got a 3.0 Quattro Sport and normal use is 22 mile journey to work which is mostly motorway. I drive it like a grannie on purpose on this journey & can get up to 32mpg when using 99RON unleaded, slightly better than normal unleaded. If I feel like ragging it a bit though the ave mpg drops like a stone!! Drive like a grannie & keep revs below 2500rpm, you'll be surprised what mpg you can actually get. It may be boring but the hole in your bank account isnt too much fun either!!

Why buy a 3.0v6 to then drive like a granny?! :jump:

Lol, each to his own :icon_thumright: - it basically does show that driving style and driving conditions are hugely influential on the mpg you can get, although of course there's no escaping the fact that a 1.9TDi will get you significantly further up the road without re-fuelling! If prices cary on the way they're going at the moment I'm going to be getting back on my push bike :scared2:

JohnboyC said:
Have a shufty at this link

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=45078

Audi A4 1.9 .....have I missed the point or is the owner claiming 60+ mpg..........cough !
I "know" the 1.9's do really good mpg......but perpetrual motion. Hmmmmm right on !!!!

And i stand by that still. My 1.9 diesel 306 wasn't as economical as this and that was doing a good 53-55 mpg on a run. Even if the computers arent to be believed its doing noticeable more than 55mpg.

Oh and i do drive like a complete fanny, my rev limit is 3k lol, you'll find that helps your consumption