AH FabricationsVolks Autos

Thread: Heated Seats

4th Gear

Status

Heated Seats

My 2003 A4 Avant has front heated leather seats,,,fab in this colder weather.......the temperature of the seat is set by a small wheel (one for each seat) below the aircon control unit........

The passenger seat can be set from zero (off) to six, which gradually increases the temperature of the seat.....

The drivers heated seat one is also off (when set to zero) to mega hot no matter what number the wheel is set too.....its in Audi main dealer to be MOT'd on Monday, so have asked them to look at the driver seat...whats likely to be wrong, as I do like the heated seats, but not when they are too hot to sit on, and will it be covered under Audis extended used car warranty ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Is it an Audi Approved Used car? How long ago did you buy the car from Audi? They do a 12 month warranty on their approved used cars, during which time the seat heating will be covered. If you've gone beyond the 12 months, it will only be overed if you purchased an additional extended warranty I'm afraid.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

4th Gear

Status
    Fortunantly, I have only had the car since May 07, and I purchased from Audi York.....Hopefully the people at Audi Preston will sort it for me :-)

4th Gear

Status
    Heating seat element is knackered - so waiting to see if it will be fixed under Audi warranty :-)