54 reg 3.0 quattro cab MORE POWER???

stevesllvn

Quattro
Reaction score
Hi does any one know what options are avaliable to chip a 3.0 quattro and if the gains are noticable? Also can you change the filter to make it a bit sound better as its that quiet I keep thinking its cut out!!!:confused: THANKS

I fitted a cone filter to my 3.0 bm and it sounds amazing,definatly worth it for the noise and it lasts for years.

I got my 3.0 re-mapped by MRC a few months ago - which gave me a worthwhile gain IMHO - it's not the sort of night and day difference you get when you remap a turbo, but it is definitely more sprightly, especially at the top end upto my higher 6900rpm redline. I was 5mph faster on the MRC test track at the top of the hill, so the extra power is there.

The stock v6 doesn't breathe all that well past 4000rpm so a better exhaust would probably help release some more power and let it rev more freely.

If you really want to sort out the v6 properly, I understand someone's done a supercharger installation -plug and play + 100bhp!

dan_b said:
If you really want to sort out the v6 properly, I understand someone's done a supercharger installation -plug and play + 100bhp!

Now thats what you want!! :yes:

Now sounds more like it but sounds very expencive aswell:hubbahubba: Thanks for the advice though guys:)