brake pedal switch

soulman

Reaction score
can anyone help? my brake lights weren't working, hooked up vag-com which said the brake pedal switch wasn't working. just replaced the switch and the lights stay on all the time now!
anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Had same situation on mine not long ago after braking lights wouldnt go out,had brake light switch changed problem sorted,maybe a duff switch you've had installed or not installed correctly.

A common problem is the switch needs to be rotate a bit more if your brake lights are stuck on after changing the switch.

timps said:
A common problem is the switch needs to be rotate a bit more if your brake lights are stuck on after changing the switch.

same thing happened to me, you have to really twist the switch until it locks into place and clicks...its easy to do if you remove the lower half of the dash..

I had this fault the day I got my A4 home! Replaced the switch the next morning having found out the fault from this website!!

You have to keep twisting till you think it's done, and then twist some more! When it goes in, it gives a fully satisfying CLICK

I had the same problem when I tried changing the switch, rear window brakelight stayed on.
As I remember it turned out one of the bulbs had blown(I think) and the other one had fallen out of the holder...?? Wasnt able to get the new switch to work but kept the old one instead. (btw there was no twisting left in the new one...?)
All those flashing lights were letting me know my bulbs were faulty-too simple for me...:noway: