The MODDING has begun...

Blackadder

Reaction score
Well just had my new 19" RS4 Alloys put on the 2001 A4 TDI 130 and am just about to book in for the following in the next week:

REVO remap
Eibach Springs

Also thinking of the K&N 74I Induction kit.

Do people here think Revo is the way to go? I know it's more expensive but is it worth it despite the cost to other remaps?

Is there any gain in an Induction apart from the noise factor? Read a lot about oil based filters causing MAF issues but a lot of other people have disagreed with this.

Any thoughts?

After this Millitek exhaust then Votex body kit, hopefully all completed by Jan/Feb 2008.

Is the Revo re-map a real-time one, or is it just an off-the-shelf map?
If it's done in real time, I'd get the exhaust on it first, then the re-map can take more account of the better flow the exhaust will give you.

My own personal view on re-maps is that you should pay the extra and go with a reputable shop who will give you the extra power/torque but won't go for silly gains and destroy the ECU's safety features and kill your reliability. I would recommend MRC for those reasons, but Revo have a good reputation too.

I've read so much conflicting advice on induction that I frankly don't know what the truth is anymore. From my own experience I had an oiled cone on my previous car and I had to start cleaning the MAF in IPA every few months as the burn-cycle wasn't able to burn off the oily dusty crunk that the filter clearly wasn't filtering. As to measureable increases in power, you'd probably do better with something like a bigger intercooler. Nothing to stop you doing it if you just prefer the sound though!

Hope that helps.

Forget the K&N, it isn't worth the hassle of possibly screwing the MAF, plus I hear on the 1.9 TDi it doesn't really do anything.

no I have decided against the induction or the filter. Just going for the Revo remap and the Eibach springs which should lower by 30mm. This shouldn't cause any issues with my 19's should it? There will still be plenty of room?

I am having a re-think on the bodykit as I am struggling to find someone to do the spray and fit it in my area.

Tempted to buy parts off ebay then re-spray them myself. How easy is to do this and fit them?

Failing that just pay to get the gray coloured lower trim colour coded. I still like the Votex though.

My dilema is the opposite, I have a great resprayer but struggling to find any kits, I agree the vortex one looks awesome on the b6. Any suggestions on where to look (apart from dealers)

Blackadder said:
www.audi-accessories.co.uk

or www.vagparts.co.uk

But I think the first one is offline at the moment but due back iminently.

You're resprayer isn't based in the south east (Surrey/Hampshire)is he? That would be useful if he is LOL.

Sorry mate, north west - Yorkshire to be precise. Re website I agree the audi-accessories website is off line, if I dont find one before it comes on line I'll just buy new. Cheers

Neil_S said:
Forget the K&N, it isn't worth the hassle of possibly screwing the MAF, plus I hear on the 1.9 TDi it doesn't really do anything.
Dont worry about the MAF it will be fine but you wont get anything but a horrible induction noise on a diesel,i tried it and hated it.

Right well I am booked in on Wednesday for REVO remap and Eibach pro kit. Looking forward to seeing/feeling the difference, got a long drive on Thursday for work so I should be able to see what it's like.

Next job is the grey/charcoal lower trim, once thats gone I can start on the inside. I am going to try and get it resprayed if possible but I may just purchase the stuff off ebay, get it sprayed and fitted. It doesn't look to hard to fit the bumpers but being a car modding/car tuning/car fixing virgin even at my age I am not sure if I can do it.

Anyone have any destructions lying around on the fitting of bumpers, skirts and valences on an Audi A4?

Cheers

Good luck with the remap and you will feel the difference with the Eilbachs