Installing DIS, what a pain in the A*** to...

motosparkz

Reaction score
Website
www.motosparkz.co.uk
Get the bloomin minute screws out from under the cowling. I thought I had just about every tool needed to strip dashes apart, but bloomin heck. The torx bit that was the right size, was too wide. my screwdriver torx's were too fat. In the end have grinder will play, (thats on the screwdriver, not the dash:happy: )

Rest of it was pretty easy, coding, installing, dash pin to earth etc. Now I can keep track on my lass & her driving style:icon_thumright:

Just waiting for my RNS-E to arrive, then I will fit the washer bottle sensor as well, (pointless dropping the glovebox out twice)

Anyone need any help, although it has been covered before, just holla

Cheers peeps

Shane, (York)

What parts did you need to do this and roughly what cost, cheers?:respekt:

Cheers Jase, let me know how you get on with yours.

Jisumfish, because I already had cruise, but no dis, all it's taken for mine is the wiper stalk with dis control, part no' - 8E0953503C4PK (but be aware ours is an avant with the rear wiper control). This was £73. The washer bottle bits were 7M0919376 for the switch & 7M0919382 for the seal. These were £8.80. I got a bit off for being trade, but this is what the retail should be. From what people have said, your steering control module may work or it may not. If it doesn't I believe the steering wheel control module is about £120. You will need access to either vag-com or a diagnostics machine with coding/adaptation facilities to switch everything on, or a trip down the dealer.

The only thing that foxed me was switching between dis1 & dis2. I tried cycling through the dis1 & 2 by using the end buttons, DOH!! I checked the coding, went back in, came out, tried it all again. Only after a sit down at dinner with the handbook, it became apparent you switch between the 2 using the reset button, nadgers:keule:

Have fun peeps

Shane, (York)