Opinions please....

Grae

Reaction score
Right guys I've been looking for an A4 for a while. I've always wanted the 3.0 v6 quattro sport and for me it has to have the Votex kit, i know im not asking for much ;) .

Anyway i have come accross this today and bonus, its only 20mins away from me. I know the pictures are crap, but you get the idea. What do you guys think of it. Price, mileage and age. (it does have full Audi history) Its a little older than i was wanting but then id be paying a fair bit more for a newer one!!!

Any opinions will be grateful

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?photosOn=1&dealerid=72666&did=72666&pageid=1&modelexact=1&make=AUDI&model=ANY&min_pr=75&max_pr=&dealersearch_full=Go&start=1&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200740295784914

Although it does have all the nice bits (votex and leather) Id say it was overpriced. Im not in the trade or owt but I would have thought it should have been closer to 11K.

Glass says it should have trade in value of 9Kish in excelent condition, I would have added 2k max to buy from trade. But hey, what do I know.

It says in the parkers guide it should be about 12500 from Audi, 12200 from a non franchise garage and about 11700 for good private sale. So its not to far away? I would haggle on the price anyway.....!

I've got an '02 reg 3.0 Quattro Sport & it took me 3 months to find one with the Votex kit & leather! They're like hens teeth so will always attract a higher 2nd hand price as a result. I dont think the price is too bad, although certainly would haggle down to £12k! Those pics are aweful so hard to tell the overall condition, nothing of the inside either. Things to look for on the Sport are the optional extras like rear leccy windows, DIS, CD multichanger (it only says Radio/CD in the ad) memory seats, folding mirrors, auto dip mirrors. These are all things that costed a fortune at new and most independants dont know this sort of thing if they're not used to Audi's! Also check the leather seats, the r/h edge of the drivers seat can get rubbed constantly when people get in & out, leather conditioner keeps things sweet though. Also suggest getting yourself vag-com if you havent already got it & take it along to test the car before you buy, you dant want nasty surprises before you buy as these are more expensive than a 1.8T to have engine work done! A good bartering point would be to have the cambelt, tensioners & water pump done & pay near enough asking price, this costs A LOT to get done on the V6!

I bought mine from a Vauxhall garage ironically enough with a full 1yr Network Q warranty, they didnt have a clue about Audi's and bartered them down £1k over the phone, ended up with a car dripping with extra's, saw the original bill, £36k and I paid £12.5k 3.5yrs later!!! Just wish it had RNS-e & cruise but cant have everything!!

Well went to see the car this morning... Its was lovely, perfect colour, model and price, but to be honest you know when you just get that funny feeling about something....well i got it when i arrived at the garage!! Couldn't put my finger on it but, you know what i mean........

Cheers for the info Nickynibbles, it hadn't had the timeing belt done and was due for a service too, and when i spoke to the sales man he said, oh does it...? I got a price from Audi to get the timing belt done too and as you said it isn't cheap!!!

So back to the drawing board......:bye:

Grae said:
Well went to see the car this morning... Its was lovely, perfect colour, model and price, but to be honest you know when you just get that funny feeling about something....well i got it when i arrived at the garage!! Couldn't put my finger on it but, you know what i mean........

Cheers for the info Nickynibbles, it hadn't had the timeing belt done and was due for a service too, and when i spoke to the sales man he said, oh does it...? I got a price from Audi to get the timing belt done too and as you said it isn't cheap!!!

So back to the drawing board......:bye:

Shame, but your wise to walk away if your not happy with it. If the dealer didnt know it needed a service he's either playing dumb or he dosent know squat about the cars on his forecourt! Only thing to do is keep looking on Auto Trader, Exchange & Mart etc tec every day & be prepared to travel if you want one of these. A good one will come up so keep the faith bro!