DIS on start up

audipardner

Reaction score
Hi all, after having my brake problem sorted out on the DIS and it being some sort magnetic switch type thingy? I'm sure that my memory serves me right but when I used to start the car the DIS would carry out its system check. Now it comes up with OK straight away. Is this right? Also I'm sure that I used to get the seatbelt chime too, but now I dont either???
Thanks chaps for any info

The DIS should just come up with OK when you switch on unless you have a problem which would flash up in it's place.

As for the seat belt chime i'm not too sure, i dont think i've heard one that warns you when your belt isn't clipped in?

At startup the DIS will only warn you if there is a problem with the car, if you press the "Check" button it will go through individually. The seatbelt chime can be re-activated through VagCom channel 17.

Thanks guys, will give the seatbelt chime a miss tho!!

I tried the seatbelt chime with mine, Firstly I used the new adaption code... now I have a seatbelt light for 6 seconds or so but no chime.. I'll look at channel 17. Not sure I want a chime though!! VAGCOM makes you play with things for the sheer hell of it sometimes!!! :)

Marko I've been trying to activate my seatbelt light for ages (pure curiousity) how the hell did you do it?!