MOT

chris_20

Reaction score
hey guys my car is due an mot next week, ive never had a car go through an mot before for just wondering how much they generally cost (if nothin is wring with it)
also are there any little checks which i could do myself??

cheers lads

check the brakes general condition of pads and discs, tyres, exhaust for blowing, make sure all your lights work, wiper blades clear screen properly etc an mot in teeside is about 20 quid so fingers crossed thats all it will cost you

The book MOT price is around £50, in addition to the checks listed above, I would generally make sure the car is clean inside and out (not that it will be an issue with your motor mate), I always think it's good to show the MOT man how much you look after your car.

£20! Where do you go?

Cheapest place where I am is about £45

i mot,d the wifes golf 2 months ago for 20 quid last time i drove past the garage it was still 20 quid and that was last week i live near teeside nelson

Interesting, because VOSA recently put up the price for a class IV vehicle test to £50.35 standard rate, so you're getting a steal there. Either that or he's not following VOSA guidelines in testing processes...

went down the garage today to get my car booked in and he wants £40 for it so im not gonna grumble! cheers for the advice chaps

done mine afew weeks ago and paid £50 straight through nowt wrong.