Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Good brake pads for 3.0 QS?

Should I buy perfomance pads or genuine? I'm sure there are people here with past experiences, any help would be grateful

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Genuine is a total rubbish. Get the ferodo DS2500 compound, and you will not be able to get rid of a smile from your face. They are THAT good.
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T
    Go: Sportec K04 Stage II | ATP manifold | Milltek cat-back | Dual IC | JJ TIP | Ecode TP | S4 rear sway | Brembo ORO rotors | Ferodo DS2500 pads
    Show: full S4 body conversion | bi-xenons

1st Gear

Status
    Do the Ferodo pads eat brake discs quickly?

1st Gear

Status
    I completely second the view of Ferodo DS2500s - I had them on my S2, they are awesome pads. Do they come in a standard fitment for the stock A4 caliper then?

The Ds2500s seem to have an almost magical combination of properties. They bite well from cold (which is when you use your brakes mostly!), they work up to a much higher temperature than stock pads, they have excellent pedal feel, they provide significantly improved braking ability over stock and don't eat discs like some "fast road" pads do. The only downsides are the enormous quantity of dust they produce, and the price.

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    EBC pads are also popular and get good reviews from Audi owners I know who've fitted them. They're also a good price so well worth checking out too.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

1st Gear

Status
    DS2500 pads for me when I do the S4 brake upgrade then, they sound excellent.

Neutral

Status
    DS2500 is quite gentle on rotors. Stay away from EBC (both green and red stuff) pads - at all costs !
    Audi A4 B6 1.8T
    Go: Sportec K04 Stage II | ATP manifold | Milltek cat-back | Dual IC | JJ TIP | Ecode TP | S4 rear sway | Brembo ORO rotors | Ferodo DS2500 pads
    Show: full S4 body conversion | bi-xenons

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth
    DS2500 is quite gentle on rotors. Stay away from EBC (both green and red stuff) pads - at all costs !

I have EBC Red Stuff pads on my S4, yeah they are not great from a cold start but once warmed up they are really good IMO. Much better than standard anyway.

Must admit i like the sound of the Ferodo pads your all on about, might give them a try when i'm due for another change...

Neutral

Status
    OK then, Ferodo DS2500's it is

Next question....... where to buy none for audi on fleabay

1st Gear

Status
    I wouldn't ever recommend EBC again if my life depended on it (and frankly that's what brake pads are there for, your life depends on them!)!!

I've run EBC Reds and EBC Greens for short periods on my 280bhp S2 and was shocked with both. EBC Greens just burnt up and minced the brake discs. The EBC Reds had ZERO cold bite and had a totally wooden pedal feel. Iin fact I think they're positively dangerous at cold - ie. when you're most likely to need them is when there is no heat in them. Oh and plus I had an EBC Red completely break up on me after a track day too - the entire pad block sheared off the backing plate - lethal in my opinion.

I can't praise the Ferodo DS2500s highly enough if you can get them for what ever caliper fitment you have they are worth every penny.