We got it, 02 plate - A4 B6 2.5tdi Quattro Avant

motosparkz

Reaction score
Website
www.motosparkz.co.uk
Howdy fellow Audi-ists

Well, picked it up late last night, all we can say is diesels have no right to go like that:icon_thumright:

Done the first mods tonight, being to set the alarm to chirp, speed locking & sequential unlock. Hey, diagnostics are fun:jump:

Placed an order tonight for our RNS-E & adapter looms, so there comes another project.

In terms of the DIS, following my earlier post & me being a numpty, the car does indeed have DIS, but just doesn't have the OBC for mpg etc. Hopefully having cruise already it will be a case of retrofit the stalk only.

It is booked into Audi on saturday for a recall, Plenum Chamber clean out, ooeeer misses!!

Heyho, so cheers for the welcomes peeps, let the mods start....NOW!!.....Woohoo

Shane, (York)

Go on then, lets see a pic, dont be shy now...:)

Hiya,

Boohoo, I can't post images, (haven't got any yet anyway), .... computer says, NO!! Not sure of how may post's I have to do till it will.

Cheers,

Shane, (York)

motosparkz said:
Done the first mods tonight, being to set the alarm to chirp, speed locking & sequential unlock. Hey, diagnostics are fun:jump:

How pray tell did you do this?

And welcome to the DERV flock.

Never mind, its VAGCOM and I cant be assed messing about with one of those.

WElcome again though

Not vagcom, but similar. Product called Launch X431 which does all vehicle diagnostics etc

If your local, your welcome to pop over to have a fettle.

Cheers for the welcome, although we've just come from an all singing fire breathing (NOT!!) slug of a Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 Di<S>

Cheers again

Shane, (York)

Would be a fair pop from Belfast to York but thanks for the offer matey.

I'll keep an eye out for you in York on my way to/from work, what colour should I be looking for?

Hiya gang, cheers for the welcomes

Steve, it's a grey/light metallic silver beast on hoooge, ahem, 17"s at the mo:sadlike:

Our lass uses the car mostly, but goes the back roads up towards Upper Poppy. I get the nasty old Shi%roen works van!! Take it you are from Malton then. Do you know any of the Terry Elsey tyres guys?

Cheers peeps

Shane, (York)

I know Johnny Mills and a few of the other guys at Terry Elsey's - small world eh? I'll keep an eye out for your car, I use the ring road to get to Holgate Road.
Mine is fairly easy to spot, rolling on a new set of 19's :)

Thats the guy, known Johnny & family since the days he was at ATS, when we used to run RS Turbo's & the like, must be getting on 15 years or more, bloomin small world eh<S>

I do most of his Auto-Electrical work

Good set of lads there.

Cheers, Shane

motosparkz said:
Howdy fellow Audi-ists

Shane, (York)

Nice one. how did you change the above?

Where do I find it in VAGCOM?

Cheers

Hiya guys,

Vinesh, check this page out I found - http://www.wak-tt.com/vagcom/vagcomclcoding.htm . It gives you a step by step on doing the changes. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly as I don't have Vagcom, rather a full obd diagnostics system. Just make sure you note your original coding down before you change anything.

You will need the calculator that Simon kindly posted also.

Cheers

Shane

Thats the plan. Just need to lay my hands on one. Did a search on the net last night, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any good outlets, apart from dealers, to buy these things. I know many moons ago, when I used to have an old 1.9 5 pop Coupe, we used to have a backstreet vag parts shop who could get anything.

Cheers peeps

Shane

so can you reprogramme the display/dis you already have or do you need a different one

Hi guys

jase0851 - All A4's with the multi-display in the dash will run DIS. From what I gather, because I have cruise already, my control module should be compatible, hence I only need the stalk & then a quick reprogram. If a new comp is required, Audi quoted me £120.

I'm still learning my way round the different coding's etc, but hey, in at the deep end:rockwoot: Have diagnostics - will fix!!

Going to order my stalk on saturday from main dealer, came out at £73.16 inc, (less a bit for trade), but it's a special order item, so who knows how long till it gets here.

I'll keep ya all posted.

Shane, (york)

I prefer the alarm to be set without a "chirp" mainly cos it would completely p*ss my neighbours off when i come home late from work....

I do like the idea of being able to set the Central door locking to autolock at 10 or 15mph, and unlocjk when I take the key out of the ignition though...

So, is your Audi A4 Avant Quattro a sport or SE ?

Hiya JohnboyC

To be honest, the chirp is hardly audible. Not intrusive like any aftermarket brand of alarm, but it's nice to know you've set it.

The autolock is more safety for our lass, who will be driving this the most:think: . We have had this on all our cars, seeing as everyone has had a Clifford of some type, but these were triggered by RPM, not speed. I will probably get round to slapping a Clifford on this beast with remote engine start of course:rockwoot:

Our car is just an SE, but I am going to slap as many extras on as possible. One of the major parts I can't find any info on is retro fitting rear electric windows. I would of thought the convenience module in the car would run it, same as VW's, but i need to do some checking yet.

Cheers peeps,

Shane, (York)